• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Magico 7” 4 ohm, 4 pcs.

A 10dB breakup peak at 5kHz can have a significant impact on the harmonic distortion by creating a big increase at 1.67kHz in the third harmonic.

This significantly affects the way in which you may want to use the driver and you'd definitely want to know this before you spend $2000 on it.

Irrespective of what one thinks of the value of the drivers he's in the completely unique position of having a set of unicorn tear drivers to sell. If someone thinks they are the right price they'll buy them, if that's not you there's no need to crap on his for Dale thread. Have some respect and start your own thread about vfm in drivers.

Stich just ask a mod to clean up the thread. They'll take care of it.

A 10dB breakup peak at 5kHz can have a significant impact on the harmonic distortion by creating a big increase at 1.67kHz in the third harmonic.

I understand that you have problems, I do not know what kind.

In my post No.4, I wrote the recommended frequency range, up to 1.5kHz.

Maybe you don't understand English, or maybe you dont understand logic. You don't need to own a Ferrari to be a Ferrari mechanic.

I have problem with english.
If I decide to buy a Ferrari, then the opinion of a mechanic is not interesting to me, I will not going work as a mechanic. You have problems with a logic...

Irrespective of what one thinks of the value of the drivers he's in the completely unique position of having a set of unicorn tear drivers to sell. If someone thinks they are the right price they'll buy them, if that's not you there's no need to crap on his for Dale thread. Have some respect and start your own thread about vfm in drivers.

Stich just ask a mod to clean up the thread. They'll take care of it.

Thanks.
I have already contacted the moderators, but have not received an answer.

I decided to feed the trolls, my post in top...

I understand that you have problems, I do not know what kind.

It is the ignorant and arrogant language that is in the very basis of the "trolls" presence.

In my post No.4, I wrote the recommended frequency range, up to 1.5kHz.

No you didn`t write this. You wrote they`re flat. Flat and recommended crossover frequency are questions for your Ferrari mechanic ;)

I have problem with english.
If I decide to buy a Ferrari, then the opinion of a mechanic is not interesting to me, I will not going work as a mechanic. You have problems with a logic...
You should read his comment again and rethink it.

It is the ignorant and arrogant language that is in the very basis of the "trolls" presence.

Yes, yes, yes this is how you say I feed the trolls, I feel good and a trolls feels good, everyone is happy.

No you didn`t write this. You wrote they`re flat. Flat and recommended crossover frequency are questions for your Ferrari mechanic ;)

Okay... if I need to become a Ferrari mechanic to buy a Ferrari, then I don't won't buy a Ferrari, I will buy another car without having to become a car mechanic...

I’m not interested in reading his messages, when I asked him a simple question what loudspeaker he had, I didn’t get an answer... What can we talk about?

Absolutely. The "box" is where most of the money is. A used pair of Magicos represent a stunning value in comparison.

Otoh, if one needs a replacement driver, this may turn out to be a good deal, i wouldn't know.

I forgot about it, if anyone has the Magico Q1 and the warranty runs out, let them ask how much the replacement of a driver will cost :D.

Then $2k per driver will be cheap.

Boris,
Would you be interested in seeing how your magico driver compares to the Purifi and Epique 7" drivers? I've been taking intermodulation distortion measurements of drivers 6-7" here: Intermodulation Distortion midbass shootout purifi anarchy plus maybe more

and also mirrored here:Log into Facebook

Of course you'd have to send me a sample :)

Hi,

Why do i need this comparison? Will it help me sell drivers?

I think a answer is no...

I am not a representative of the Magico company, if you have an interest in checking the Magico drivers, you can contact to the Magico company with such a request.

Best regards,
Boris.

I can understand where the seller is coming from. I have some drivers that Magico uses. 2 are used in one "speaker" that sells for $30,000 today. The drivers are not available because the patent holder only supplies Magico. The driver was measured and compared to "similar" drivers when they were available to the public. Nothing came close.

I still would need to build the enclosure...all aluminum and eliminate any coloring. An amp with 2000+ damping factor, 140+ db noise floor, IIR filters that were used before the public could access them, non existent group delay, etc. All of this in 8 cubic feet of space with flat response and peaks at 132db and harmonic distortion that is below levels that are detectable. I decided to just use my drivers as paper weights because they are truly unicorns that can not be done justice without the entire package. Maybe I'll try ripole one day. If not...maybe I'll just buy the speaker from Magico along with some matching towers. I don't have a mortgage. Can't take money with you after death.

Somebody will buy the advertised drivers and I don't blame them. Diyaudio serves its purpose...learned that some corners can not be cut.

Last edited:
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/fs-magico-7-4ohm-4pcs.376772/
Happy New Year To All Users!

I received an interesting offer and I am interested in selling my drivers.
I'm ready to sell for less than $2000 per speaker, of course within reason. Meaning lovers SB Acoustic, Scan-Speak, Seas pass by my proposal.

Сan contact me in private messages.

My offer is valid until the sale of the thing that I want to buy.

Best regards,
Boris.