• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Magico 7” 4 ohm, 4 pcs.

Hi,

For Sale 4 drivers Magico 7" 4oHm, from Magico Q1 loudspeaker.

Magico Q1 - Acoustic Tuning

Magico Driver:

Voice Coil: 3" Former Titanium

Copper Sleeve

Underhung Magnet System

Xmax: 10mm

New.

Price: $8000 ($2000 per driver) + shipping.

Drivers location Israel.

Best regards,
Boris.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    844.6 KB · Views: 1,111
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 500
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 482
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 436
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    469.2 KB · Views: 1,013
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 1,015
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 1,059
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 1,076
  • Impedance.jpg
    Impedance.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Yes.

Why?

If we take for comparison this driver: Accuton S220-6-222 8" Ceramic Sandwich Cone Woofer

Accuton have voice coil diameter 55mm, Magico have 3" voice coil diameter, this means 1.5 times more. Accuton have Qts: 0.2 with Qts like this this speaker can only be used in a horn design, Magico have Qts: 0.38, with Qts like Magico have you can youse in vented box, and in closed box (Recomended, in closed box 20 liter you have flat SPL from 60Hz to 1.5kHz).

P.S. Maybe this first and last time in sale. Accuton you can buy today, tommorow and even after year.

Best regards,
Boris.

Because $8000 is absurd is why. Voice coil diameter means very little when it comes to driver performance.

The FR doesn't look like anything special and there's no harmonic distortion or impedance plots to tell us what resonances might be lurking in places we would rather they not be found.

It's entirely possible that an SB Acoustics standard range would give you better performance. They cost ~$80.

Because $8000 is absurd is why.

If you are not satisfied with a price, just walk by.

The FR doesn't look like anything special

What does ''special'' look like frequency response?

harmonic distortion or impedance plots to tell us what resonances might be lurking in places we would rather they not be found.

I don't have Klippel to make distortion measurements, impedance I can make.

It's entirely possible that an SB Acoustics standard range would give you better performance. They cost ~$80.

If you believe in it, then I'm happy for you, you can save a lot of money.

Attachments

• Impedance.jpg
    Impedance.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 213
That language will not make you much good over here. Looks like you bought them on some garage sale thinking you`ve got the lottery and there`s lot of audiofools over here.

Indeed, not just SB Acoustics but standard Revelator or the Vifa NE range can be comparable. Magico use no iron in the magnet systems but thats about it. Rest (i.e. graphene and etc. use) are known to be marketing blurbs and nothing more. The dual peaks in the response would be a challenge.

Last edited:
That language will not make you much good over here.

I don't need a favor, I sell speakers. Stupid questions get stupid answers.

Looks like you bought them on some garage sale thinking you`ve got the lottery and there`s lot of audiofools over here.

I see you have a well-developed imagination... (it's none of your business where and for how much I bought them)

Indeed, not just SB Acoustics but standard Revelator or the Vifa NE range can be comparable.

I don't understand, did you hold in your hands, listen to the Magico speakers? Why are you writing your speculations? This is not interesting to anyone.

Magico use no iron in the magnet systems but thats about it.

How do you know this? You disassembled the Magico magnetic system?

Rest (i.e. graphene and etc. use) are known to be marketing blurbs and nothing more.

Your knowledge of speaker design is amazing, when and where are you going to start manufacturing your speakers?
I think you will have great success in this endeavor...

P.S. I have a request who is not satisfied with the price, you pass by. To think that Mercedes and Mazda the same is stupid, yes they have four wheels, a steering wheel, but there have is a difference in price and this is not just.

Specs for each individual driver?

I'm sorry, I didn't have time to take measurements yesterday.

Driver No.1:

View attachment 987062

Driver No.2:

View attachment 987063

Driver No.I:

View attachment 987064

Driver No.II:

View attachment 987065

I want to clarify one point, measuring of the a parameters of T/S is a subjective thing, which I mean:

1. In the first message, I gave the measurements of the parameters of the T/S dynamics after running it for 24 hours in 20Hz 5V, the measurements were made with a 1V Clio measuring device. If I made measurements in Clio at 3 volts, 5 volts or 10 volts, we would get a different result.

2. WT3 Dayton Audio make mesurements in "small signal" that mean 0.2V (without breack in)

3. If I made measurements in Linarix or klippel, then we would get different results of the T/S parameters.

4. What is important for us is the correspondence of speaker 1 to speaker 2.

Wow thanks Stich you’ve inspired me, my ESS 1b bookshelves are going up here for $10k

I think ESS 1b good loudspeaker in budget $1k.

ESS AMT 1 B Bookshelf Speakers | Speakers | City of Toronto | Kijiji

oh schiit

Filthy Language?

wait never mind I like most of the people here and don’t want to waste their time reading greedy capitalist audio fantasies

How do you know what people need in this forum? Do you have the superpower of being able to read human minds?

capitalist audio fantasies

This is that new phrase, thank you for expanding my vocabulary.

If you say that I am a "capitalist", then following your logic, you are a "communist"?

I happened to live under communism, I remember there was no toilet paper, food on coupons...

Under communism, they made loudspeakers... they sound probably worse than yours loudspeaker, a little.

Under capitalism, good and bad things can be done, unfortunately good things are expensive, why is capitalism so arranged? I think you have the Internet, spend a couple of hours of your time, read articles on how the economy works, this will help you understand how the world works.

P.S. Please, I have already asked several times, if you do not have the opportunity to buy the speakers that I sell, you just don’t have to write anything.

Thanks.

If you are not satisfied with a price, just walk by.
I don't have Klippel to make distortion measurements, impedance I can make.
If you believe in it, then I'm happy for you, you can save a lot of money.

You don't need Klippel to do that. All you need is a power amplifier, a measurement microphone and STEPS, part of the ARTA suite of programs. These can be downloaded free for that purpose.

A special frequency response? For a 6" driver? Perfectly flat up until 7-8 kHz and then if the cone is stiff this is where break-up will occur with a large peak. But as this peak is high enough up in frequency it will be high enough to leave the harmonic distortion unaffected up until the tweeters crossover point. This should be no higher than 2kHz. Preferably lower.

If the cone is of the soft variety then perfectly flat up until it rolls off without any sign of break-up.

By the way your images didn't work in post 15.

You don't need Klippel to do that. All you need is a power amplifier, a measurement microphone and STEPS, part of the ARTA suite of programs. These can be downloaded free for that purpose.

For make measurement of THD requires serious equipment. To make FR we don't need serious equipment (that I have).

If there is a serious buyer, then at his request I can take measurements of FR and impedance after breack in.

While all the talk about the price, I have no desire to just waste my time.

A special frequency response? For a 6" driver? Perfectly flat up until 7-8 kHz

Is not correct, 6"-7" speaker exits the piston mode in the region of 1.5 kHz.

By the way your images didn't work in post 15.

Thanks, fixed.