• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

free and/or cheap in Los Angeles!

Hello,

Clearing out the garage, and realized there are too many speaker projects I'm simply not going to get to. Everything is for pickup only - I'm not shipping anything! Have a 9 month old 2 year old at home, so barely have time to :poop:, let alone package things and ship them. Probably have even more once I dig around some in the garage.

cheap:

$20 - 6" flared Precision Port

$30 - very high end 18" cast frame passive radiator from Exodus Audio (Kevin Haskins shop), w/ weight kit

$95 - older LC Audio Predator based amplifier with huge power supply. Nice case is engraved with 125 RMS @ 8 ohms, 250 @ 4 ohms, and 500 @ 2 ohms. Serious power supply! Heavy!
L C Audio Technology / Predator SE (not exact but approx. same amplifier)

Cheers,
Tal

gone:

24" diameter x 24" height Sonotube, with three 24" 3/4" wood endcaps (intended double thickness for driver side)

single cheap and old black vinyl Infinity 8" two way bookshelf speakers with the woofer missing (had a pair but think I accidentally disposed of one, sorry)

12" car audio box, but well made, though extremely ugly. Braced, sealed, and maybe 1.5 cf from memory, made by a friend for his car and donated to me for Audio Purposes.

$20 Panasonic SAXR-10 receiver with switching amplifier (actually digital/powerDAC, not class D). Unfortunately, doesn't have the remote, so can't select digital inputs, so goes through A/D conversion for the power amplifier. :-( If you get a remote for it you have a very nice amplifier!

$25 (what I paid for it): HSU 10" ported subwoofer, their original "True" subwoofer, w/ dead amplifier. Well made 10" box, with two large flared ports, and one port bung for variable tuning.

12" car audio box, sealed not ported, the ubiquitous carpeted kind. Actually, have two of them.

triple 12" home subwoofer box, used a Peerless XLS 12" driver with two XLS passive radiators (covering the front three faces of the rectangular box), with a huge cutout for Keiga's 1000 watt plate amp. obviously, no drivers or amplifiers included.

$30 Audiocontrol Model 200, has a hum when on. Otherwise nicely made amplifier with lots of features. https://www.audiocontrol.com/downloads/home/discontinued/architect-model-100-200/Architect Model 100_200 Owners Manual.pdf

$25 - enclosure only for highest-end JBL studio subwoofer 6312SP, ported, carbon-fiber baffle, uses fancy push-pull voice coil with neo motor
$45 - driver from above, neo motor, dustcap sadly torn/pushed in; heads-up: it's a 2 ohm driver! LSR6312SP | JBL Professional Loudspeakers

$45 harmon/kardon AVR520 receiver I was using with a MiniDSP for active crossover projects as it has inputs directly into all 5 channels of the power amplifier (look on left for jumpers here 404 Not Found). Amplifier is rated at 75/100 watts into 8/4 ohms. https://img.usaudiomart.com/uploads/large/1243564-95c99170-new-old-stock-harman-kardon-avr-520.jpg

$75 - SVS 20-39PCi large vertical ported cylinder subwoofer. Either amplifier or driver damaged, but I think it's the driver. Pretty intense subwoofer!

$45 - Tannoy Di8 DCT coaxial 8" speaker, white, deconstructed. Was going to build this into a nice box for a center channel, but didn't get around to it. Have all of it, just the driver is not in the box, and the box is taken apart. Includes a spare tweeter! Click on Details from this link. Click on 'Details' in this link: Tannoy Di8 DCt Series Surface Mount Single Speaker - Black

$67 - NHT VS-2 speakers that I don't need. Very good MTMs in a piano black enclosure that go down cleanly and loudly to 75 Hz; designed by Ken Kantor for home theater.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
dipole/OB subwoofer added to free section

in the free section: adding a car audio DVC subwoofer with one dead coil, so perfect for OB/dipole use as the reduced damping is ideal, and reduced power handling unimportant in that context. 4 ohms per coil so... 4 ohms! Infinity Kappa 120.3 dual voice coil subwoofer

specs attached.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    277.8 KB · Views: 189
Happy New Year, all!

(All for pickup in Los Angeles due to size and/or weight.)

free:

12" car audio box, but well made, though extremely ugly. Braced, sealed, and maybe 1.5 cf from memory, made by a friend for his car and donated to me for Audio Purposes.

single cheap and old black vinyl Infinity 8" two way bookshelf speakers with the woofer missing (had a pair but think I accidentally disposed of one, sorry)

cheap:

$25 - 24" diameter x 24" height Sonotube, with three 24" 3/4" wood endcaps (intended double thickness for driver side)
$20 - 6" flared Precision Port for the above

$40 - very high end 18" cast frame passive radiator from Exodus Audio (Kevin Haskins shop), w/ weight kit

$85 - older LC Audio Predator based amplifier with huge power supply. Nice case is engraved with 125 RMS @ 8 ohms, 250 @ 4 ohms, and 500 @ 2 ohms. Serious power supply!
L C Audio Technology / Predator SE (not exact but approx. same amplifier)

Cheers,
Tal

Reactions: 1 user
Garage cleaning has become urgent!

$20 - 6" flared Precision Port for the above
$30 - very high end 18" cast frame passive radiator from Exodus Audio (Kevin Haskins shop), w/ weight kit

either of the above gets for free:

24" diameter x 24" height Sonotube, with three 24" 3/4" wood endcaps (intended double thickness for driver side)

Happy holidays!

Hello all,

24" diameter x 24" height Sonotube, with three 24" 3/4" wood endcaps (intended double thickness for driver side) is now FREE for Los Angeles/folk!

Combine it with the 18" passive radiator ($30) or the 6" Precision Port ($20) for a Subwoofer to End All Subwoofers!

Cheers,
Tal