• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Nice stuff free!

I seriously thought about responding immediately ( it was only a hour old when I first saw it) but it’s a 16 hr drive so I would have been gone at least two days and the grandchildren are here so the wife would have went ballistic! I do enough stupid things as it is.:D

I’m surprised it’s legit! Like said “WOW” what a score. Hopefully it’s a member here picking them up.

Last edited:
what a giveaway! Yes, they (speakers) are essentially furniture, but i'm not sure they are supposed to look like they are made from bits of high-quaity antique furniture :). the cabinets are not to my taste at all, but I bet they sound pretty amazing. Clearly very well made, using top quality materials.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
I heard these shortly after they were built at the owner’s old home. We lost touch when I moved cross country. I moved back and now we live probably 5 minutes away from each other. His business is around the corner from my wife’s business, too. I’ve known the builder for 20+ years, and he built me some smaller 2 ways for my move to apartment life in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I have a plan to that involves drivers and xover for the towers, and the sub will be used as is. Good idea on a new thread. I need to coordinate with a speaker builder buddy with a CNC across town.

I’m picking them up in a few weeks…

Joined 2018
Paid Member
I found out about them from a friend. A few of us are group of music lovers and audio guys we call “Ears and Beers”, we have been getting together for about 25 years now. The builder of the speakers told my friend about the speakers, who in turn texted me. I happened to be out shopping for record store day. I texted pix of the records I got for the friend, and he told about the speakers…. Then I contacted the owner.

Nice find, and generous by the owner. Designed and built by the controversial Magnetar! I always read Magnetar's old posts with interest. He built a bunch of interesting speakers with pro drivers and was always prepared to try new things. Thanks to him I'm using twin Audax PR170M0 with a Beyma CP21/F in OB...

Joined 2018
Paid Member
I just picked up these cabinets from a friend. He has a cnc and did he a great job. The 15” EV’s will go into some EV TL606 cabinets I have. Next up, measure drivers in the cabinets with a measurement mic and DATS device. I have a first pass of a xover design in xsim, and I’ll tweak that with the real in-box data.

The monster sub is being stored and will be going to a friends house when he gets a few home projects knocked out.

Attachments

• D4FD6E51-639C-4D29-81ED-8413C6395447.jpg
    D4FD6E51-639C-4D29-81ED-8413C6395447.jpg
    985.8 KB · Views: 123
I just picked up these cabinets from a friend. He has a cnc and did he a great job. The 15” EV’s will go into some EV TL606 cabinets I have. Next up, measure drivers in the cabinets with a measurement mic and DATS device. I have a first pass of a xover design in xsim, and I’ll tweak that with the real in-box data.

The monster sub is being stored and will be going to a friends house when he gets a few home projects knocked out.
So you built some mid tweeter cabinets? What happened to bass horns? Have to better than TL606? Mike Bates