• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Wanted - car amplifier(s) MGT-2100

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Years ago I had a pair of these amplifiers, MGT-2100. I gave them to a friend when I moved and always regretted it.

I want to modify or redesign them just to flesh out some ideas. So if they are blown, that's okay. I would prefer getting them in Canada to avoid the border, but if anyone has one that is in good cosmetic condition, I'll certainly consider them.

They shouldn't be worth much - being something from the late 70's with issues with audible whine. But I'll pay something for them or at least keep them out of landfill.

Again, blown is fine. I'll take units not in great cosmetic condition as they will be experimented on. An MGT 2200 would also be interesting - being a pair of 2100's in the same (long) case.

If anyone has one or more of these, please consider contacting me. They will be well treated, fixed and then steps taken to improve performance. They will not be thrown out.

-Chris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi phase,
Thanks for looking. The company was headquartered in California. I sold a lot of them in the late 70's and had a pair myself. You might be right, and that is too bad. Due to the way they were built, they would make perfect experimental chassis' for a new amp design. I don't like what is out now.

I guess I need to look in the Toronto area.

Chris

I see, were in Long Beach it looks like.
I wish you were closer, I’d set you up with some heat sinks, I have a pile of 1-3/4” W x 1.25”H extrusions that I have used on a few projects here. I just drill/tap them and attach them to whatever plate or angle.