• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: Scan Speak (15m/4531) Sonus Faber Cremona midrange

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FINISHED. WTB: Scan Speak (15m/4531) Sonus Faber Cremona midrange

No longer needed.
Speakers will be locally sold.

Hello.
I have a damaged Sonus Faber cremona Midrande (WOF30001)
Does anybody here has one or two original replacement units?

Although I know they are not standard versions, a pair of scan speak 15m/4531 could be interestig to try.

The problem in the midrange is that the coil wires are broken at soldering point with tinsel leads.
I have checked continuity at the voice coil and it is ok, but the soldering point is in bad condition.
Calle me crazy, but I managed to solder a pair of wires from the voice coil to the speaker terminals (I had nothing to loose) and the driver works good, but this is not a dewffinitive fix.

Another chance: Any of you here can make a good repair or knows where to do it at a reasonable price??

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thank you

Last edited:
So did you succeed in fixing them by replacing your improvised cable with tinsel lead?

In those older series 13M drivers ctrlx was referring to, the problem was that the glue used to fix the voice coil wire to hole in the cone seems to have eaten the wire. In your case, it seams the wire was still intact if you could solder an new cable to it.

I Fixed it provissionally soldering those wires.
It looks the probem is that the thin wire under the glue has broken before tinsel junction.
My fix is just to be sure everything is working good, the new owner will buy new midranges... or not, we will see how much it takes to the midranges to be broken again.
Anyway he knows what's the problem and the SF prices to solve it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.