• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Kick@#! winged OBs for pick up in Ontario

Edit: the offer is: you pay Parts Express price for the 15inch Definimax drivers (they are just broken in) and you can have the OBs for FREE!!

As much as it pains me, my GREAT sounding OBs got finally kicked out for their low WAF: so before I cannibalize them to reuse the drivers, I thought I would check for a few months if there is someone out there that wants them. The baffles were made by a carpenter, solid mahogany trim all around and veneered baltic birch (mahogany on the front and walnut on the back). The 15inch bass driver is mounted by the magnet (to take the weight and the vibration off the baffle); that was a feat in itself. I can tell you how they were actively XOvered in my application. I would prefer to sell the Visaton B200s and keep the AL200s to repurpose them.

They are in Windsor (ON), across from Detroit, MI.

You can see them at these links.

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/ultimate-open-baffle-gallery.123512/page-130#post-5670164

and what they looked like before:

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/are-you-active-multi-way.266524/page-3#post-4158184

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/ultimate-open-baffle-gallery.123512/page-112#post-4970383

Last edited:
I bet if you designed and incorporated a nice furniture grade dark upholstery grille cloth, she'd let you keep 'em! Because the wood is so beautiful, it's the disparity of shapes and colors of the drivers that need to be hidden (by a shape itself that doesnt attract the eyes).

Yes I used them with Visaton B200 first (from 250-1100Hz if I remember correctly), then the fantastic SS 10F/4424 takes over and I used it all the way to 15kHz (never hooked up the tweeter). Very engaging; but when I tried AL200 instead (it has the same flange), I realized what Siegfried L. once said about a distortion sounding pleasing but still being a distortion. XOver for AL200 ended up different, a bit strange, with the driver as "a hole filler" only something like 220-750 or so and then SS 10F working a little harder, but boy you should have seen the reaction of visitors who heard them. I never thought my design could outperform LXMini+sub in the same space. I also have LX521 in a different room.

That idea about cloth/grill: hmmmm..? if they are still in the garage by Fall I may give it some thought.

And yes, the first design (wall paper): an obvious attempt on my part at camouflaging them :D. Did not work either. but they did look better than in that picture (at least at certain times of day; something with light).

Last edited:
Bump. The offer is: you pay Parts Express price for the 15inch Definimax drivers (they are just broken in) and you can have the OBs for free!!
They are pro carpenter job: solid mahogany edges all around, mahogany veneer on the front and walnut on the back. If you wanted the other drivers as well (8inch Visaton and SS10F4424 we could talk about it).

This is the last offer because when the Spring breaks I will be disassembling them (which is a shame for the bass drivers because they are held by the magnet to keep the load off the baffle; I had worked really hard to make that mounting in the back perfectly aligned; it is difficult tolerance-wise to get the driver flange into the recessed hole while not loading any edges).

Pick up in Windsor, ON (across from Detroit).