• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Help recoup losses for ModuShop

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I ordered a chassis through the DIYaudio Store in December and you can imagine my confusion when I got a cryptic message from my wife saying that fedex had left the pallet of "my stuff" in the garage. I discovered this when I got home ...

913353d1611066581-help-recoup-losses-modushop-modushop-pallet-png

I contacted Gianluca who stated that there had been a mishap with shipping and my single chassis was delivered to Germany while the German delivery was sitting in my garage. Unfortunately for Gianluca, shipping it back to Italy was too costly and in an attempt to help him recoup some of his losses , I have offered to try and sell the parts here in the USA. I am listing these items at a discounted rate but factoring in that shipping will not be cheap for some of the heavier items. I am located in Milwaukee Wisconsin, so anyone local or willing to take a short drive, could save a little more on shipping. I will not be making any money out of this sad fiasco, all funds gained less shipping will be transferred to Gianluca/modushop.

1. 2 x Slim Line 02/280 10mm BLACK front panel - 3mm aluminium covers

Retail : $108 on hold for @chromenuts

2. Slim Line 02/350 10mm BLACK front panel - 3mm aluminium covers

Retail : $120 on hold for @chromenuts

3. 2 x Slim Line 03/280 3U 4mm BLACK

Retail : $68 on hold for @chromenuts

4. Galaxy Maggiorato GX288 230 x 280 mm Black

Retail : $33 on hold for @chromenuts

5. Galaxy Maggiorato GX183 124 x 230 mm BLACK

Retail : $28 on hold for @chromenuts

6. Galaxy Maggiorato 3U GX388 330 x 280 mm BLACK
https://modushop.biz/site/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=645

Retail : $60 on hold for @chromenuts

7. GALAXY 2U - 1GX288 - panel 3mm
https://www.modushop.pl/obudowa-galaxy-2u-1gx288-panel-3mm-srebrny.html

Retail : $34 on hold for @chromenuts

8. Galaxy Maggiorato GX288 230 x 280 mm 10mm front panel BLACK

Retail : $60 on hold for @chromenuts

Heatsinks
2U x 300 :

Retail : $25 on hold for @s610adam

2U x 400 : for the set

Retail : $40 on hold for @s610adam

Baseplates
Inner baseplate for the Slim Line 280/350 series :
Base per Mini Dissipante 33-400 :

Retail : $10ea on hold for @chromenuts

I have not calculated what shipping costs would be and part of this depends on whether people want multiples.

I think it reasonable to take 25% discount off the list price and then we can figure out shipping costs - I will do this as cheaply as possible.

Do not PM me, post on this thread indicating interest in an item and then we can take it to PM for details. First response reserves first option, unfortunately CONUS only ( limited to US shipping )

I do have a full time job that limits my ability to monitor the thread but i will check in and respond to people.

** there are 2 larger ( and heavier ) chassis that there is possible local interest for , if this does not work out, I will list them here too.

thanks.
..dB

Attachments

• ModuShop Pallet.PNG
    ModuShop Pallet.PNG
    956.7 KB · Views: 1,403
Last edited:
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Hi dBel

I’d be interested in the (2) slimline 02/280 10mm black and the (2) slimline 03/280 3U 4mm black cases.

Id possibly be interested in the bigger cases as well if they could handle a pair of class A stereo amps.

Shipping would be to 06708 in CT.

Last edited:
Hi dBel

I’d be interested in the (2) slimline 02/280 10mm black and the (2) slimline 03/280 3U 4mm black cases.

Id possibly be interested in the bigger cases as well if they could handle a pair of class A stereo amps.

Shipping would be to 06708 in CT.

the slims are yours. The bigger case is most likely gone - 5u/500 ( edit - if this does fall through @chromenuts has first option)

The smaller heatsinks are also reserved.

thanks everyone
..dB

Last edited:
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Hi dBel

I thought about it...at these prices I might as well take anything else that is a complete case.

I have so many projects backed up from taking so long to build my own cases by hand that I think it makes sense. I can use some for power supplies and etc.

I’m sure most can be put in some kind of flat rate USPS box.

If the 5Us don’t sell we can work that out afterward.

well , that all went pretty quickly - I will be in touch after I have sorted things out and figured out shipping - thanks for helping this cause.

I just saw chromenuts edited post , looks like there is a massive backlog of projects to be cased up in Connecticut :cheers:

dB

Last edited:
Looks like "La Bafana" came a tad late for you this year! Don't cha just love those Italians!!

I am always, well, late... I will watch to see what is left after everyone tears thru...

I am in Chicago, so somewhat local.

no kidding - you should have seen my face when I saw the "chassis" I had ordered.

great to see all the goodwill on the forum and to find a good home for all the parts.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Hi Dave

I shared with dBel via PM that I’ve been building all my casework from scratch for years now.

I like being able to add that to my projects and it makes them unique.

However, the very long and tedious process I go through with all the sanding and finishing has become a drag.

Plus the worsening arthritis in my hands makes it painful at times.

I’ve got a backlog of several projects that I really would like to be able to move along so I can enjoy playing with them in my system.

I’m hoping that his investment now will move things along and allow me more time to listen and enjoy.

I am sure everyone on this forum would have done the same.

@ analog_sa - of this I am grateful :)

as for taking care of me - modushop had the correct chassis in the mail to make sure I had what I ordered / needed. They are an excellent group to work with and have impeccable customer service.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.