• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: TDA1541 S2 Double Crown

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I agree. I think the F1 will remain the pinnacle of sports car design. It was the last fully analogue stick shift drivers car. The best car ever for people that can drive without a computer correcting their mistakes. After 30 years it still looks great.
To some extent, I think the analogy with the TDA1541a is apt. It was very good but expensive to produce. Even today it's performance has merit. And it is becoming rare so the prices are going up and people will keep an S1/S2 as a collector's item.

Last edited:
This thread is illuminating... it also sparked some real curiosity
I got on a local sale a Nakamichi DAC-101 car audio DAC, a couple years back that is based on a double TDA1541A S1 configuration. Think I paid maybe 100 Euro for it, mainly because there’s absolutely zilch interest in Car Audio any more. Makes me want to hook the thing up to seriously test it. I know it works but never got around to really listen to how it sounds

What are S1 going for now?

Joined 2005
Paid Member
As we all know, non of these things are totally objective, if they were, nobody would buy a Porsche. We would all drive a car like mine... When on all three wheels it can reach 52MPH !

Attachments

• 25-worst-car-reliant-robin.jpg
    25-worst-car-reliant-robin.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 185
Joined 2018
Paid Member
Interesting to see these went for good money. Well done seller.
Also ibteresting in a bad way that in the last week a Chinese add has appeared obviously based on copying the legit UK sale mentioned in this thread and even copies the wording and emboldened text.

1x Original Philips TDA1541A S2 (ONE PART ONLY) | eBay

WARNING if dropping in on this thread....DONT buy this chip i link here

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.