• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Shure SME Model 3009

I am selling my SHURE SME 3009 tonearm. It has been recently rewired with Cardas copper tonearm wire, the tonearm has been checked and cleaned and it is functioning perfectly. If I am not mistaken this should be the series 2 non-improved version, that is the most sought after.
Item is located in Budapest (Hungary), but I am happy to ship it anywhere. It will be well-packed.

Asking price: EUR 640 inclusive of shipping.

ols2Zy6.jpg

SgrXYQD.jpg

uha0oRJ.jpg

nalmwoV.jpg

qbYxv4L.jpg

7kFdnE6.jpg

Last edited:
A bit of background history I recieved form a fellow member: Shure were the US importer for SME arms. I believe the arrangement was reciprocal: SME imported Shure cartridges, which was why SME advertised their arms fitted with a Shure M55E, and later a Shure V15 cartridge.

This arm is an early version of the Mk.II SME 3009.