• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Acoustat Model 3 for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of Acoustat Model 3's, in near mint condition for sale, pickup only, in the Nashville area. They have the black socks and the cherry/dark walnut wood lower. Original interfaces I believe. Only two issues that I know of, one of the socks has a couple of small holes in it in the same area and when the bass hits a certain point they both rattle. I've tried to heat up the mylar to no avail. I've taken the sock down on one of them and I didn't see anything that stood out that would make the rattling sound. Other than that they are in great shape. I'd prefer to pass them on to someone who knows more about them than I do. PM me if you are interested and we can talk price.

PTkFbNF

Last edited:
I have a pair of Acoustat Model 3's available for sale, local pickup only, in the Nashville area. These speakers are in near mint condition, with only two known issues: The sock on one of the speakers has a couple of small holes in it, that you cannot see unless you are looking at it closely. The other issue is when the bass hits a certain level both speakers rattle. I have not been able to determine the source of the rattling. I tried heating the mylar but it didn't work for me. I only attempted this once because I didn't want to damage them. I took the sock down on one of the speakers as well but I did not see anything loose that would cause the rattling. Other than that, they sound great and have been very well taken care of over the years. I believe they have the original, non-upgraded interfaces. PM if you are interested and we can talk price and arrange for pickup.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.