• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS Philips TDA1541A R1 and Philips TDA1541 DAC chip

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have one spare TDA1541 and TDA1541A R1 which I pulled out from Marantz CD40 and Marantz CD65. Both tested working fine.
I like to try TDA1541A S1 and need extra cash. International postage availble. Paypal welcome. Item located in Australia. Each $80 AUD or $60 USD.

Attachments

• IMG_4885.JPG
    IMG_4885.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 321
  • photo_2020-10-30_04-02-07.JPG
    photo_2020-10-30_04-02-07.JPG
    218 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
Interesting that you've got the Abbas board. Uses lots of nos as well as germanium stuff.
How does it sound ? Share something with you, output of dac to analog try to use very thin solid core wire like good Cat5e gauge & listen again goes for analog to rca sockets as well.

Cheers

I think Abbas uses a type of active I/V if memory serves me correctly.

Edit: a friend here in Brisbane has a 2.2SE Abbas, and it sounds lovely, best DAC I have heard for realism, he tried a couple of S1 chips in his and preferred it with the R1 it came with, might be as Abbas designs with it in mind. I went with a late standard Taiwan A chip over some S1's as the Holland S1's were a bit dark in my modded Marantz, but could be my preferences due to system balance.

Good luck with the chip sales.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.