• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Wtb used 12” subwoofers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I’ve been running a 12” subwoofer shootout here: A tale of 12" subwoofers, distortion and 15 dollars.

Still would like to test a few more drivers. Already tested the:
Ultimax 12
Dayton rs 12 8 ohm
Diysg magnum 12
RadioShack 12” Dvc
Eminence lab 12c
Wavecor 12
GRS 12
Peerless xxls 10

If you got a 10” or 12” not on list let me know.
I probably can’t offer much but what do you guys have?

Last edited:
I have 4 - 10” scanspeak from a Lynn Olson project I believe they are 25W/8565 . I have built several subwoofers and was not pleased with them for music, and it was not until I purchased a measurement microphone that I understood what was going on. Room response played a huge part in bass response, they have some very distinctive peaking and even multiple peaks that required taming. I now use Mini dsp to correct it. I question digitizing, processing, and converting back to analog however when I close my eyes it just sounds good.
Bill

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.