• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

A&D R1524, 15" OB woofer (germany)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Last edited:
Stixx, where did you get those heat sinks for a pair of TO-92 transistors?

Jöns, what caught my attention was not your laundry but the acoustic treatment (or non-treatment) of your radiator. Usually, putting some Basotect behind the radiator is a good way to hide it and at the same time, it improves the efficiency of the radiator. However, when your landlord still has one of those evaporation meters, it is probably best not to increase the heat coming back to the meter.

For anybody curious about those heatsinks. They are under amplifiers/DAO.
Just wonder how you apply thermal paste or similar to these. Might be messy..
Taking a thicker aluminium plate and simply drill 2xholes of the right diameter could work,
though the same problem remains to ensure low thermal resistance without creating a mess. TO-92 – Wikipedia
(see .pdf file for the dimensions of the TO-92)

Capslock,
I know what you mean. That tiny piece of basotect really didn´t have much effect.
It was more of a joke to try. It was a leftover from a huge absorber I made for the bed-room. (not what you think; in the walls were non-insulated water pipes, so everytime somebody flushed the toilet it sounded like hell came down)

Water pipes are nearly hopeless. If you cannot get to them (as in chiseling away at the mortar) the only thing that will help is lots of mass, ideally without direct coupling to the wall. So plasterboard mounted on strips of wood (Dachlatten) and some glass fiber absorber in the cavity might work.

Water pipes are nearly hopeless.
You (and I also) would think so before you tried it.

Along the length of the wall where the pipes are, are 3pcs. 100x50x5cm Basotect plates (+2 more in other places) and these reduce the SPL quite a bit.
My theory is the direct emissions from the wall where the pipes are (only a couple of cm below the surface) are heavily reduced and these are the main sources of the noise; plus the reflections are reduced as well.
I haven´t measured it but judging by ear the absorber do their job just fine. (5cm thick plates have still about 0.5 absorption at 250Hz so I´d guess that most of the power of that "white noise" from the pipes falls into the frequency range above).

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.