• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Wanted to Buy Audax MH130Z0 Aerogel or a pair of Scan-speak 18M/4631T00 drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to buy a pair of Audax HM130Z0 Aerogel Midrange Scan-speak 18M/4631T00 or Satori MR16P-4 drivers like-new or good condition for a fair price.

I only interested in the mentioned drivers!

The Audax will be matched with a par 5" Gorlich Podzust midrange driver (I have at hand).
The Scan-Speak and Satori 6.5" drivers and both sensitive enough alone.

My first preference would be the Audax but I could use the other two drivers also.
Only the mentioned Audax Aerogel midrange good for me!

If I can't find Audax (first preference) I could use the Scan-Speak midrange drivers or the Satori MR16P-4 the 6.5" drivers alone would provide enough mids for the pair of 10" woofers I will use in my project.

I prefer offers from Canada to avoid the high shipping cost or the import duty.

It is not urgent but at the same time, it would be great to know the size and plan of the enclosures.

Please let me know if you have a pair and you are not planning to use them. :):) Thank you!
Payment via Pay Pal unless you live in Toronto near to me, that case can pay cash of course.

Thank you

Attachments

• HM130Z0_5000x.jpg
    HM130Z0_5000x.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 342
  • hm130z0.jpg
    hm130z0.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 308
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Please focus on my post (I ask you kindly), I do not want to get hijacked.

To me the sound is special. Also the first real high-end sound I heard and owned by a friend:)

The other reason I already have a pair at home. I wish I could have one more pair but $$$ (pricey) and mostly available in Europe. So shipping and import duty on the top of their price.

If nothing special about it why it sells so expensive even the old drivers.

Just find in Europe a pair someone sells it for 1100Euros.

Parameters NOT (always) justify the sound quality (you know that also, you are an experienced builder)!
I experienced it (also)several times, several highly regarded drivers after the first listening went back to the market.

Last edited:
You know this site?

Yes, I found several European sites were still available.

I would love to find from a Canadian seller "or the US" especially if someone has at hand and not planning to use it.
Tested, soldered, missing the packaging no problem as long as they are in great condition.
The real problem from Europe the pricey (Airmail) shipping and on top of that many stores/companies will charges VAT and upon arrival, I will have to pay import duty also.
I used to order from Europe but no longer for the mentioned reasons.
Paying taxes twice (or tax on tax) never fun, especially I live on a limited fund on "disability support" at the moment.
I would try to avoid paying an extra $100 or so on top of the speaker's value.
Of course, If I do not find any I will order where I get them (as the last option).
I want to finish the project.

Thank you for your help:)

I will try to find the datasheet!

Thank you!:):)
Based on the look it is not the same driver, also that (your) drivers membrane "looks like" a coated version compare to the one on my first post.
I will try to find the datasheet!!
Without it would be a risk buying something that does not match the mentioned driver (I own).
I am not equipped with a room and microphone to measure the small parameters.
I want to use this MH130Z0 midrange driver together with the mids I own to provide enough mids for 2Pc 10" woofers.
The MH130Z0 parameters on paper very close to the Gorlich from the X-over design point.
Maybe an extra resister will do the job.
My idea for midrange 2Pc faster, and smaller driver instead of one larger like 6.5" or 7".
At the same time, I want to keep the low freq. cutting around or under 300Hz.
One pair already have for the purpose that makes my life a bit difficult.
For a second pair (the same I already own would be 100% optimal) but their prices plus shipping from Europe make it out of reach at the moment!
I also try to avoid a 4-way X-over because the difficult (not as popular) design and quality X-over components are pricy too. :eek:
Thank you one more time!:)

Have you considered the Audax Aerogel HM130Z12, which is a later iteration. Same essential driver, but several generations on, with some refinements.

It's just that, a) they're slightly better b) you're more likely to find some.

I got mine (to repair some Mission 782 mids) direct from France, at the usual supplier (mentioned on this thread).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.