Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Free: acoustic room treatment panels (West Yorkshire, UK)
Free: acoustic room treatment panels (West Yorkshire, UK)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd October 2020, 11:59 AM   #1
sploo is offline sploo  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Free: acoustic room treatment panels (West Yorkshire, UK)

About 15 years ago I made a set of acoustic room treatment panels, and some bass traps; with useful guidance from Ethan Winer of RealTraps.

They've not been used since a house move a few years ago, and reluctantly I've accepted I'm not going to get chance again - so I'm offering them to anyone that would like to take them.

I recorded the original build here, with plenty of photos: Making Acoustic Panels

Each of the flat panels is approx 61cm wide by 121cm tall, and 8cm deep. There are 4 that were used on the ceiling, and 6 more that have legs (for use freestanding). There are also a few blocks of the denser material for corner bass traps.

From tests when they were installed they did make quite a difference to reflections and room modes (both subjectively and from a number of measurements).

They've been in (dry) storage for a few years (see attached photo) so they aren't cosmetically perfect, but they'll still work (and it would only be a few hour's work with a staple gun to re-cover them in new fabric should you want.

You'd probably get all the flat panels in a large estate car, but it'd likely require a couple of trips to get the bass traps too. Free to collect from north of Leeds - just send me a PM if you're interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg traps.jpg (161.2 KB, 300 views)
Old 25th October 2020, 11:06 AM   #2
esprit is offline esprit  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hello
PM sent
Old 25th October 2020, 09:39 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi Esprit - My inbox tells me I have 0 messages. Worth sending again?
Old 2nd November 2020, 09:53 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Esprit - I got your PM and responded a few days ago; just checking you got it?
Old 7th November 2020, 09:09 AM   #5
chris661 is offline chris661  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Are any of the panels still available?

TIA,

Chris
Old 7th November 2020, 10:36 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Hi Chris,

Esprit collected the framed acoustic panels, but I have a few of the corner bass traps left.

They're basically triangular wedges of dense rock wool, wrapped in wadding. Two stacked together will fill a corner up to the ceiling. You'd be very welcome to have them if you want.
Old 7th November 2020, 10:49 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Found an old image from back when I made them; you can see some of the bass traps in the corners:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 30th November 2020, 05:15 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

One last bump on this: I've checked the remaining panels (images below). There are 5 bass traps left; all are approx 1.1m tall, with three being slightly wider and two slightly thinner.

Still available for free if anyone wants them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201128_162534.jpg (534.1 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg 20201128_162553.jpg (503.8 KB, 56 views)
  Reply to this post

Free: acoustic room treatment panels (West Yorkshire, UK)Hide this!Advertise here!