• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Free: acoustic room treatment panels (West Yorkshire, UK)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
About 15 years ago I made a set of acoustic room treatment panels, and some bass traps; with useful guidance from Ethan Winer of RealTraps.

They've not been used since a house move a few years ago, and reluctantly I've accepted I'm not going to get chance again - so I'm offering them to anyone that would like to take them.

I recorded the original build here, with plenty of photos: Making Acoustic Panels

Each of the flat panels is approx 61cm wide by 121cm tall, and 8cm deep. There are 4 that were used on the ceiling, and 6 more that have legs (for use freestanding). There are also a few blocks of the denser material for corner bass traps.

From tests when they were installed they did make quite a difference to reflections and room modes (both subjectively and from a number of measurements).

They've been in (dry) storage for a few years (see attached photo) so they aren't cosmetically perfect, but they'll still work (and it would only be a few hour's work with a staple gun to re-cover them in new fabric should you want.

You'd probably get all the flat panels in a large estate car, but it'd likely require a couple of trips to get the bass traps too. Free to collect from north of Leeds - just send me a PM if you're interested.

Attachments

• traps.jpg
    traps.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 333
Hi Chris,

Esprit collected the framed acoustic panels, but I have a few of the corner bass traps left.

They're basically triangular wedges of dense rock wool, wrapped in wadding. Two stacked together will fill a corner up to the ceiling. You'd be very welcome to have them if you want.

One last bump on this: I've checked the remaining panels (images below). There are 5 bass traps left; all are approx 1.1m tall, with three being slightly wider and two slightly thinner.

Still available for free if anyone wants them.

Attachments

• 20201128_162534.jpg
    20201128_162534.jpg
    534.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 20201128_162553.jpg
    20201128_162553.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 88
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.