• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS - PS Audio Model 1 Amplifier and / or PS Audio 5 Preamp

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I bought the Model 1 amp a while back to match my PS Audio 5 preamp, thinking I was going to either fix it or gut it to install a JLH for ESL amp module in it...The amp works, but needs a complete recap - lost interest in doing it myself and other project are taking up all my time.

The PS Audio 5 Preamp is a great SS preamp with an equally impressive phono stage. The amp was modified by a previous owner and cannot identify what he exactly did. All I know is I purchased from a subsequent owner that indicated it "made his amp go crazy" when set as an active preamp, so he used the Straight-wire (passive) setting for years. After looking at it I realized it is a direct coupled preamp (no output caps) and had a full dc volts on output. From discussions here on DIYAudio, it was recommended that I put 10uf output caps in to work with any amp someone may connect. The 10uf caps are from my Magnepans - and are Rel-Caps.

Anyway, the preamp makes a nasty thump when switching from Straight-wire (passive) to active, but otherwise quiet and sounds great. And also a great SS phono stage...comes with the original separate power transformer too.

Pics to be posted shortly

Amp - $175 + ship
Preamp - $275 + ship

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Sorry, forgot about pics!!

Attachments

• IMG_0614.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg
    697.9 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_0610.jpg
    IMG_0610.jpg