• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Help Wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There just aren't enough "help wanted" ads in the technical world, so I'm going to do my part to alleviate this lack.

For a totally non-electronics related venture (web site), I need an assistant, title to be negociated (and I'm easy- if you want to be "Senior Executive Poohbah", be my guest). Responsibilities include product development support, reliability and performance testing, compliance testing, and documentation. The job environment is very high pressure and fast-paced, demanding great flexibility- this isn't at all like working for GM or Dow Chemical. The job is at our company California HQ in Napa.

Here's the breakdown of what I'm looking for:

Good common sense. Someone with a knack for troubleshooting is ideal.
Grasp of basic physics and math, especially statistics.
Mechanical ability. Basic machine shop skills.
Fluency in Excel, AutoCad, and a programming language like Visual Basic.
Detail oriented and neat (Felix Unger to my Oscar Madison).
Ability to complete tasks without close supervision.
Interest (not necessarily expertise) in wine.
Ability to travel.
Ability to put up with me- you must be tolerant of a warped sense of humor and not be at all insecure.
Ability to read and write English. Fluency in another language is a nice-to-have.

Compensation is a decent salary, stock options, health plan and 401K, some pretty cool travel opportunities, and an interesting learning experience.

Email me if you have an interest.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.