• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Prototype Markaudio drivers

I've got some Markaudio drivers that never made it as far as going into production as a driver available to the DIYer. They are the Sota 11r driver that was/is used in the Markaudio-Sota Cesti MBR. They are the same form factor as the CHN 110, specs are similar to those and the Pluvia 11, they have a square section wire coil for a nice flat impedance and a well behaved top end. A very good driver indeed. I'm afraid other than them being the same size as the CHN-110 I've no other specs and my DATS has broken so I can not measure them.

When Sota decided to release the MBR version of the MB it was originally intended to upgrade all the stock of MB that I held here and they were sent over for me to do that. It was however then decided to keep both the MB and MBR models in the line up and so more completed speakers were sent instead leaving me with about 30 MBR drivers.

The factory are happy for these to be sold off cheaply to Markaudio enthusiasts. I am based in the UK (KJF audio) so this s probably for UK/EU members but I can sell them for £60/pair plus VAT plus £8 shipping in the UK, other countries I can get a quote for and no VAT for outside of the EU. There are loads of really happy Cesti MBR owners out there so even if you just made a simple ported box to those dims, you would end up with a great pair of speakers for not a lot.

Stefan

Just curious, but in the Cesti MBR description, it states the following -

"A minimalist control network complements the custom driver, delivering music to the listeners while minimizing artificial processing."

Is that referring to a BSC circuit or is it just borrowed from the 2-way speakers brochure?

I hope its ok to ask here... if not I could start a thread somewhere...

Thanks Stephan!