• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Neurochrome 8X2 Preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Time has come to rehome this preamp, which is looking a bit sorry for itself.

From a functional standpoint, the PCB is 100% ok. It has 2x RCA inputs and 2x Balanced inputs + output.

The units was used with a Stepped attenuator and we gave it a torroid based psu. Sq is Fantastic, as is to be expected when talking of Neurochrome.

However, i stole the RCA sockets for another project, removed the Stepped attenuator and when I sold the Khozmo 64 step relay, it left a fairly ugly hole in the front where id roughly attached the screen and remote sensor.

I have an Alps Blue to put in and extender rod to attach it to. I have fitted a bearing to the front planel as the knob used to get stuck due to being mounted off center. This has been cured. I havent react hed the Alps blue yet, but will.

I have a black LED switch that I can included.

So 100% functional, 100% ugly.

It needs some love but its an absolute top drawer performer.

I'm looking for £150 delivered in the UK

Elsewhere will be a case by case basis for the cost of postage.

View attachment 856600
View attachment 856601
View attachment 856603
View attachment 856602
View attachment 856604
View attachment 856606
View attachment 856605
20200629_172647.jpg
20200629_172639.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.