• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: 1SV68 or equivalent Varicap / Varactor Diode

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, hoping that someone out there is sitting on a suitable varactor diode so I can repair this wretched tuner once and for all.

The original part is 1SV68-08 according to the manual. It is a Pioneer TX-710-2 tuner.

I will happily pay a fair sum for the part and postage (I am in New Zealand) Can even send back a postcard, if that does it for you :)

I have managed to find NTE614 online, which is apparently an acceptable substitute, but any kind of "parcel" shipping makes it an expensive proposition.

Hoping someone can help a fellow diyer out :) Thanks in advance!

edit: Have realised this is probably in the wrong forum :p hopefully a friendly mod can move it across (rather than me double posting)

Last edited:
Varactor,s are cheap so the postage must be dreadful to New Zealand .

I am told a --step recovery diode could be tried but I am not vouching its veracity, here is a list of wholesale NZ electronic component suppliers ,one of them must sell them .

If you are a private individual then just say you are a small business many electronic suppliers in the UK deal with the public like RS components it helps their profits.-

• Electronic Parts • companies • New Zealand •

Thanks, I have shopped around all the usual suspects, and finding one with suitable characteristics for a reasonable amount of money has proven difficult. Hence the hail Mary [emoji106] if this doesn't work out I'll take a punt with something close-ish and see what happens.

You've got me worried ---just how much do they want for a varactor in NZ ?

One USA website quotes=$1.34
Parts Express=$1.23
Its 33pf@4V
Newark=$2.31

I have had many dealings with Farnell (UK) over the many decades this company has been bought by US giant Avnet a few years ago , Element 14 is in NZ they don't have the NTE614 but near equivalents .

Plenty of US suppliers .

Ok had another look at what's available.

BBY40 seems to have the right parameters, and can be obtained cheaply (RS has in stock, can buy qty 10, free shipping).

It's an smd package, but I think I can work with that. Seems all the easily available types are.

Any thoughts appreciated! TIA Screenshot_20200530_010710.jpg Screenshot_20200530_010452.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.