• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Premium Peerless HDS Midwoofs need a home

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello speaker builders. I've been building for many years, but eased off recently - gave up battling the WAF problem with selling to individuals. A few years ago, I bought 24 Peerless 830875 HDS Nomex 6 1/2" midwoofs. I fancied building some kick-A line sources (I'm not an engineer, so that was a fantasy). I kept them because they are a premium midwoof with great TS params and great looking freq response curve 90/100 Hz to 3kHz, thinking I might do 2-way bookshelves with them. They are languishing in my garage and I want to see them used. I'll sell the whole lot of 24 for $40 each and I will pay the shipping cost. Small amounts $50 each plus you pay actual shipping. I am not a dealer or reseller, BTW.

Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The are used in Elsinore Mk5

HankF,

You have real nice drivers at a very good price. These were used in Joe Rasmussen’s Elsinores up to the Mk5s described here:
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/97043-elsinore-project-thread-66.html#post2422229

Perhaps you should drop a note in that forum to let Elsinore builders know what you are offering.

I built a pair of Mk5s in 2012 and had been using them ever since. Better than any commercial speaker I could ever afford.

Good luck with your sale.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.