• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Prebuilt Bigbottle MM/MC phonostage PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I built this to get it tested prior to the GB that's currently gathering pace.

I wanted to make sure everything was ok after having the layout redone by our very own Craigtone.

All the caps in the signal path are Vishay (2x wima as I had them) and they are matched for exact values, as are the resistors. The two green caps are my "must have" from the capacitor world and were extra cost. I will leave them in for the sale.

Everything has gone as expected (never in doubt) and I have no use of this PCB as I have a fully functioning Bigbottle phonostage currently playing!

All that's required is a suitable case, transformer and some valves and you are good to go.

Transformer can be had from Audiophonics.fr, for around €30 but be prepared to wait for 2 months for it to arrive lol.

2x PCC88's and 1x ECC85, A case for about £50-70 and other than a few rca sockets etc, you could have this up and running for around £400 total.

Which for a valve phonostage of this quality, is super cheap.

I'd like to get as close to £200 for it as possible. That's about what I have spent on it.

Postage in the UK is likely to be about £10, EU £15 and the USA about £20

If I'm offered the asking price I'll do free shipping. Nice aren't I ;)

20200227_183051.jpg 20200227_183053.jpg 20200227_183056.jpg 20200227_183100.jpg 20200227_183104.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.