• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTD - DSC1 "Dac", board or completed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Mark. If you're up to the challenge, the obvious starting point would be to get some PCBs fabricated from Pavel's Gerber files; his projects are documented in the Signalyst DSC1 thread.

Here's Pavel's site

https://puredsd.ru/

more info here

PureDSD

If you want something with the hard work done maybe look at the Star DAC kit

STAR Pure DSD DAC-Signalyst New

or, for a smaller budget, maybe one of these ebay boards (not sure how well they function though - the 'DAC' part of it follows the DSC schematic but how effective the mechanical relay is?)

Mshow Differential DSC1 DAC DSD512 WITHOUT transform Can work w/ Amanero or XMOS | eBay

Mshow Differential DSC1 DAC decoder DSD Assembled Compatible w/ Amanero or XU208 | eBay

BTW, I have a DSC2 built and running (using one of Pavel's boards (V2.5.2)).

Last edited:
Hi Mark. If you're up to the challenge, the obvious starting point would be to get some PCBs fabricated from Pavel's Gerber files; his projects are documented in the Signalyst DSC1 thread.

Here's Pavel's site

https://puredsd.ru/

more info here

PureDSD

If you want something with the hard work done maybe look at the Star DAC kit

STAR Pure DSD DAC-Signalyst New

or, for a smaller budget, maybe one of these ebay boards (not sure how well they function though - the 'DAC' part of it follows the DSC schematic but how effective the mechanical relay is?)

Mshow Differential DSC1 DAC DSD512 WITHOUT transform Can work w/ Amanero or XMOS | eBay

Mshow Differential DSC1 DAC decoder DSD Assembled Compatible w/ Amanero or XU208 | eBay

BTW, I have a DSC2 built and running (using one of Pavel's boards (V2.5.2)).

Hi Ray

I am being lazy - don't have time to scratch built right now. Hoping to shortcut the process. Shameful, I know.

I've followed the developments and your project, that's one of the things that got me thinking again of doing something like this. I have a working project based on the original Signalyst designation, have tried a differential version and am thinking of building another board (based on whichever board I can get hold of tbh) just for experimentation.

With the introduction of the EC modulators in HQPlayer my interest in dsd decoding has been great refined.

Good to speak again,

Regards
Mark

DSC1

I have this DSC 1 for sale

Attachments

• 20200228_150431_resized.jpg
    20200228_150431_resized.jpg
    941.4 KB · Views: 153
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.