• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Teres Motor/Controller kit

Original Teres motor and controller on 4.5" D plate. Includes 14vac wall wart ps., two leds, switch, two connectors, IR sensor, pully with string. New and never powered up. Pm me for more info. $300
Regards,
David

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 489
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    857.6 KB · Views: 480
Here is all the info from three days ago to yesterday:

Originally Posted by yioryos
Hi
I have a Teres bearing from a group buy back in 2008 or 2009 ,a long time ago. I haven't done much with it since then so it's been sitting in a drawer .
I am interested in buying your motor controller .
I am interested in getting this project completed, a few questions please since I not qualified in electronics ,can you help me by telling me ,where to attach the leds and sensor and the other parts showing in your pics ,on the circuit board. I see the attached diagram but will understand better if you explain it to me. Also what happens for a cylinder and the bottom part of the housing?
Regards
George

Hi George,

Study the schematic closely. The leds and sensor are connected as indicated. The kit came preassembled. It did not come with a bottom cylinder. I suppose you could attach it to a metal or plastic cylinder housing with a 4.5 inch diameter. Does your platter have the timing pattern printed on the bottom side? You'll need it for the sensor to read the marks. I think a pdf copy of the pattern is on te Teres website. I'm like you; limited in electronics, so I can't really give you any deep analysis of the circuit. It would be cool though, to reunite these two pieces of a nice turntable.
Regards,
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleT
Hi George,

Study the schematic closely. The leds and sensor are connected as indicated. The kit came preassembled. It did not come with a bottom cylinder. I suppose you could attach it to a metal or plastic cylinder housing with a 4.5 inch diameter. Does your platter have the timing pattern printed on the bottom side? You'll need it for the sensor to read the marks. I think a pdf copy of the pattern is on te Teres website. I'm like you; limited in electronics, so I can't really give you any deep analysis of the circuit. It would be cool though, to reunite these two pieces of a nice turntable.
Regards,
David

I have a Teres bearing from a group buy back in 2008 or 2009 ,a long time ago. I haven't done much with it since then so it's been sitting in a drawer .
I am interested in buying your motor controller .
I am interested in getting this project completed, a few questions please since I not qualified in electronics ,can you help me by telling me ,where to attach the leds and sensor and the other parts showing in your pics ,on the circuit board. I see the attached diagram but will understand better if you explain it to me. Also what happens for a cylinder and the bottom part of the housing?
Regards
George
[[/QUOTE]

Hi David
First thank you for your response, I much appreciate it. My son is studying to be an electrical engineer ,he is in his 2nd year at University but they do mostly theory . I was just asking him to help me read your attached drawings and he was looking at it and managed to show me where the green and red leds go as well as the photo sensor. In worst case scenario
I can always take the kit to a technician and have him ,figure it out and solder that parts complete.
My story with the Teres project so far I have the Teres bearing fro the group buy, and around that time we the group buy participants, tried to convince Chris Brady to make for us the acrylic platters BUT he wasn't helpful and so ,even though I tried ,I couldn't find a used Teres platter . I gave up ,lost interest and abandoned the project . Then about 2 years ago ,I got interested again and started emailing Chris ,received no responses from him at all and THEN one day about 1-1/2 months later ,Chris responded saying he had a cocobolo platter for sale for around $1000 but it needed sanding and refinishing . Something he promised to do and then sell it to me. Another 2 months gone by and he stopped responding ,so as a final plea, I asked if he could give me the dimensions so I could make my own platter . He was nice to send me a .pdf of the platter details and I took it to a local machinist and had an aluminum platter made about 2 years ago.
Then the project got put away again ,now I noticed your motor controller and I like to buy it from you.
So I can get this turntable finally completed. I will have to make a cylinder container for it with the machinist I know.
Please let me know how to proceed to buy your controller . What is your Paypal ?
Best Regards
George Papoutsis
Toronto - Ontario
Canada

Last edited:
TerribleT said:
Hi,
The controller kit is yours. Send me your address and Post $300 to my paypal account: d_tsue@yahoo.com
Regrds,
David

Hi David
It's been a while since we last talked ,I wanted to chime in and see how you are doing. I hope you are doing fine and everything is fine in your town, I am full aware of the restrictions currently in place but I was wondering if you had a chance to ship the Teres motor/controller ?
If yes ,can you please confirm with a response so I can keep an eye for it in the mail.
I tried several times to send you a private message but it will not work ,and I keep getting a message that reads <<< TerribleT has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space >>>
Thanks
Regards
George

It's on its way.

Hi George,
Hope all is well with you and your family, up north. Your package was posted on March 20 and the postal clerk said it would take 6 to 7 days to get to you. So, your package should arrive soon. I don't know if this lockdown will delay delivery but just hang in there. Let me know when it arrives. Stay safe.
Regards,
David

Hi David
I sincerely appreciate your update and hearing you're doing fine. We are well here as well, basically we all in my family are staying home since last week Tuesday and my two kids even started a few days earlier as the schools were closed then. The entire city is on isolation as per Government regulations. I have gone out twice briefly for grocery shopping ,wearing a mask and have observed the absolute instructions. I saw today that USA has moved in #1 position in Covid 19 cases worldwide ,mostly in New York , my heart goes out to all that are suffering ,Italy - Spain - Germany e.t.c . Please stay safe .
It is very possible and reasonable that the package arrives late due to the circumstances .
I will inform you upon receiving the package.
Thank You
Regards
George

Hi ZeusOdin
I am sorry for the late response, I just noticed your message. To be honest ,I haven't assemble the Teres yet, but I am planning to do so . I had a Teres platter made by a machinist but still missing the tonearm board and more important ,the teardrop shaped plinth. I have the metal (aluminum) already but it's crazy expensive to machine it in a shop so I have put the project temporarily aside for now.
However I was lucky and found another Teres motor assembly (this one was complete Teres factory assembled ) and local to me and bought it back in Oct 2021. I happened to see the ad one night and immediately responded to the seller and secured it ,not cheap but reasonably priced. Like you I still kick myself for missing on a complete Teres TT that was selling a few years back local to me ,by the time I noticed it it was sadly sold and never been able to find another one yet. Best Regards George