• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIYSG Fusion 12's & 8 Center, Yamaha RXV2700, GSG 21" FM boxes, Pr. Dayton 10" subs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DIYSG Fusion 12's & 8 Center, Yamaha RXV2700, GSG 21" FM boxes, Pr. Dayton 10" subs.

Got some stuff taking up room since my last build.

A pair of DIYSG Fusion 12's with pre-assembled Xovers, plus a Fusion 8 Center. All in black Duratex in excellent shape. Quality binding posts. $500 for the set.

My Yamaha RX-V2700 7.2 AVR. Excellent 1 owner condition. Beast of an amp at 140w/channel. Comes with both remotes, YPAO mic and a suitable box. $200.

A pair of GSG Audio 21" Full Marty flat packs on a pallet. Bought 4, but 2 is more than enough for my room (or my house for that matter). $500 for the pair. Local pickup only (less than half of my total to have them shipped to my loading dock).

I'm open to selling my completed GSG 21" Full Marty boxes filled with the B&C 21" 4 ohm driver finished in Duratex. $1500 firm...local pickup.

A pair of Dayton HF 10" 8 ohm subs in 1 cft sealed boxes finished in Duratex.
Again, excellent condition with binding posts and feet. $old for the pair.

All items built or owned by me since new. Obviously prefer local buyers and would make a great package deal. Would consider shipping but we would have to work out the details Pics available....just let me know. I'm in southwest Missouri and occasionally get to KC, St. Louis, Tulsa so a meet up is always possible. Ebay feedback is Huskerpilk. Sold a few things on AVS forums.

Last edited:
Good luck selling these !!!!

I bet if you offered to ship them (maybe $85 each tempest) they would sell quicker.

If they don't sell locally, it might be worth a trip to the post office for an estimate.

That way you won't get burned on shipping.

For the rest of you, the woofer (eminence delta pro 12a) was one of my friend's (r.i.p.) favorites. Smooth breakup, so rare to find nowadays.

Good luck selling these !!!!

I bet if you offered to ship them (maybe $85 each tempest) they would sell quicker.

If they don't sell locally, it might be worth a trip to the post office for an estimate.

That way you won't get burned on shipping.

For the rest of you, the woofer (eminence delta pro 12a) was one of my friend's (r.i.p.) favorites. Smooth breakup, so rare to find nowadays.

Thanks for the tips. The Fusions are very nice to listen to. I built some Maximus 12's to replace them and still not sure if I don't like the Fusions a bit better for music (with a sub of course). But, I'm wanting to try something new and I'm really out of room so something has to give.

If anyone wants to check on shipping I'll see what I can find out.

Yup, i hear ya.

I was this close to getting the tempest, then they discontinued them, no boxes left (flat paks).
I got a solstice kit from partsexpress.
Then i found an add for a (sold) am5212/00 or am7212/00.
Frustrated i got some 6212/00, and some of the newer horns.
Never got the horns on, but still listening to one (spkr jack intermittent).

I have posts by bagby who preferred the tempest over maximus, more kick and fun.
The maximus went deeper and measured cleaner distortion (shorting rings), not that it was easily heard, i think 10db less harmonic.

How is the Solstice? That was on my short list for my next project but then got caught up in the Elsinore fever. Not sure that's where I'm going to end up but parts are starting to get ordered.

I'm putting together a 2 or 2.1 channel listening room and leaving the Maximus in the HT. I've enjoyed the Fusions for 4 years and probably will regret letting them go. I think the Maximus is a more complete speaker system but it took me a long time to get them settled into my room. The midbass module took some taming. I've got them pretty well blended with a pair of 21" Full Marty's.

I've had multiple offers if I'd ship the Fusions...just worried about damage.\

Where in Iowa...I've got people in Des Moines, Iowa City and some frozen north town I can't remember.

Excellent.
Revealing.
Deep.

Not the midbass of a 12" on the floor.
But very special.

More revealing than my thiel cs2.
Especially good 7' away.

I'm a bass head, started almost 30 years ago with vega 3-ways with 15".
And i had double 15 for over the last 15 years.

So the solstice didn't cut the mustard on Saturdays when my wife wanted to hear kid rock or i wanted riannaha. But they sounded excellent with a pass stasis amp/receiver.

Norm

Merry Christmas

To add to the solstice, crossed at 200hz by onkyo receiver, it kept up with 4x12" with 150w of an ab international 600a pa amplifier. You could hear the push pull subs just start skipping past xmax (27hz tuned), then amp clip light started to flick when a bit louder.

It kept up, so it took all 80w crossed at 200hz.

Loud.

No Iowa city. Brother lives inn Des Moines. We've done a few transports deals like that but the Fusions would be too big a load for his car I think. I do go to KC once in a while to see family. About as close as I get to Iowa.

i get it. too bad, i miss my pair of Alpha Zephyrs that i had to sell 4 years back, and the Tempests would come close. i'm playing around with Forte II's right now and they do some (a lot of?) things pretty well, but they aren't quite a Jeff Bagby speaker.

Bump...21" Full Marty flat pack sale did not go through so they're still available. I'm adding my completed 21" Full Marty subs with the B&C 21" 4 ohm drivers...finished in two coats of duratex and all of 20 hours music and a few movies. $1500 picked up firm.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.