• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Paradise Phono PCB Set

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. sq225917 already answered by private email, sorry for the delay. As I said was side track with a lot of other projects here locally, repaired, and Covid related delay in our day to day. Everything now take so long...

Anyway started the JFET test and matching for the Calvin sets. Here getting prepare for curve tracer testing of all 200 PF5102 JFET. Then I'll double check on my own Calvin pcb.
Long work ahead of me...
Stay tuned
SB

Attachments

• Calvin Transistor Matching.jpg
    Calvin Transistor Matching.jpg
    571.8 KB · Views: 154
I compared the both matching methods (with curve tracer and the suggested test gig as included with the docs), and both gives similar results. I already have matched sets and the zero output adjustment is rock steady and easy to adjust. I should be able to ship the remaining Calvin pcb with matched transistor sets by the end of the week.

Since I tested them in the actual circuit, with the actual pcb, you should be able to get exactly the same result as me...

BTW while I assembled a test pcb to check the parts matching I realized that the pcb silkscreen for R1 & R2 is incorrect, and should be reversed. The circuit will still work as it is since both 100R & 75R resistors are so close in value, but it is better to assemble the pcb according to the schematic. Sorry for that... See the included correction.

Stay tuned for updates.
SB

Attachments

• Calvin test pcb.jpg
    Calvin test pcb.jpg
    514.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Calvin Silkscreen error.JPG
    Calvin Silkscreen error.JPG
    247.6 KB · Views: 146
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.