• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Paradise Phono PCB Set

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mine just arrived..

Thank you..your efforts are noteworthy.

Oliver 20200303_134551.jpg 20200303_134554.jpg 20200303_134557.jpg

No problem. It seems there is some interest in the Calvin Buffer. Check my prototype pcb. If there is enough interest I may offer these pcb as well. Let me know...
SB

Id be interested as well. I tried it on vero board but was too noisy. Could have been using an older build guide too, dunno. Would love to try on a proper pcb. Paradise sounds incredible as it is but if it could somehow be improved... :)

TJ

Before you commit to the Calvin, take note that it uses difficult to source/obsolete JFET. That was the main reason why I didn't offer the buffer to start with. So if you don't have these JFET already in stock, you may have a hard time building it. To replace the 2SA1381A I used myself BD140. The PF5102 JFET needs to be matched, increasing the difficulty...
Check the schematic...

Attachments

• Calvin_Buffer_Schematic.jpg
    Calvin_Buffer_Schematic.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Before you commit to the Calvin, take note that it uses difficult to source/obsolete JFET. That was the main reason why I didn't offer the buffer to start with. So if you don't have these JFET already in stock, you may have a hard time building it. To replace the 2SA1381A I used myself BD140. The PF5102 JFET needs to be matched, increasing the difficulty...
Check the schematic...

Could the obsolete parts not be removed from the design and redesigned and replaced with a modern alternative?, call it the Sylvain revised Buffer?

Seems to be the most obvious way around the problem.

That may be a stupid suggestion but i am not entirely sure.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.