• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Bybee Quantum Speaker Filters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sold: These Bybee speaker filters were used on the 200w/ch amplifier outputs to the woofers of the biamped speakers that I am selling.

I am not the original owner and they are cosmetically a little rough looking, but they were out of sight behind speakers and improved the SQ to my ears. I am a believer in Bybee Quantum filters as I have them on the outputs of my remaining DIY amplifier for my smaller replacement speakers.

Asking $250 including shipping to the USA.

Attachments

• Bybee Quantum Speaker Filters-1.jpg
    Bybee Quantum Speaker Filters-1.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 388
  • Bybee Quantum Speaker Filters.jpg
    Bybee Quantum Speaker Filters.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
Are you able to do AB comparisons with your remaining BQPs and if so what sound differences do you find ?.

The consistent result I get with Bybee's between Amps and speakers, in chassis AC circuits, or regulated DC circuits can be described by the old cliche "a veil was lifted from the music" - with no added negatives. New Bybee's need at least a hundred hours of music break-in like most other new components. The improvement is subtle, but real enough to be missed when removed.

The main test for me is that after using a new component until break-in is complete - I remove it and ask myself whether I miss the SQ change. I have tested components that sounded better, or resulted in no change to my ears, or had a negative impact on SQ. By the way, coupling caps have made the greatest difference in my 30 years of DIY HiFi projects and upgrades.

Thanks Calsor, I am curious about such long 'burn-in' time.
IME noticeable change due to BQP was close to immediate but I don't have experience of running them for hundreds of hours so I can't contribute comments re sonic changes after this long period.
I agree the result is clarifying of the music albeit with a faint remnant signature which was not to my liking however.

Dan.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.