• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Holton precision audio (aussie amps) componentry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm contemplating a new build with more grunt but am quite reluctant to spend the money if I can't do anything with the old modules. Would there be any second hand interest in any of these? Otherwise I'll probably just add a couple of NXvolt One and be done with it... I'm running some 804 D3's with it. I'm also not sure where all Anthony's amp modules sit in the sound quality hierarchy! Contemplating a NXL500 build but the only thing I can reuse is the power controller.

1) 2 x HPA-NXL200R4.2 amps modules 150W DIY Audio Amplifier Modules – Holton Precision Audio
2) 2 x HPA-NXVPSU-One R2 power supply modules DIY Power Supply Modules – Holton Precision Audio
3) 2 x 500VA Nuvotem 45VAC toroids suitable for the above amps.

Any interest and/or thoughts?

I'm in New Zealand.

If you look at the specs for this speaker, your modules are probably well suited, 8ohms, good sensitivity 100W module would be fine here. Why not build it and if you like the Holton sound you can upgrade later?
Have you seem any reviews for Holton gear? I have never seen a real review of either his modules or high end amps. I wonder how different the high end amps are to these modules? They certainly look cool.

I have built this amplifier all ready and like the sound - I just feel the 804's need some more grunt. Very hungry little devils like all B&W....
IMG_2204 (Large).jpeg

sell the amp, not like your gonna get bigger transformers in there:D Nice looking amp BTW. I prefer bigger amps too. How about bridge it with another pair of the same modules, mono blocks maybe? BTW, apologies, I realise I'm not helping with your selling these modules, good luck.

Last edited:
Very little interest in selling homebuilt amps in NZ - people have no idea what it is and how much it costs to buy the components. More than likely they think it's some 89 dollar aliexpress special that you're trying to hock off!!
There's a guy trying to sell an AKSA amp supposedly made by Hugh dean himself in nz and not getting any takers. At a very good price too.

sell the amp, not like your gonna get bigger transformers in there:D Nice looking amp BTW. I prefer bigger amps too. How about bridge it with another pair of the same modules, mono blocks maybe? BTW, apologies, I realise I'm not helping with your selling these modules, good luck.

I already got a nice new big 400mm deep case for all eventualities!! 175mm high.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.