• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Russian valves 6H8C/6SN7 NOS quad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello fellow diyers,

I have for sale a quad of Russian new old stock 6H8C/6SN7 valves that I bought back in 1987 which I've never used but kept them stored ever since.
Asking for 90 euro including worldwide shipping by registered mail/signed for.

IMG-20191110-114302.jpg

IMG-20191110-114219.jpg

1-8b7922cbff.jpg

No I don't know because I don't live in Russia, to set the asking price I did a google search and I got this Early Russian 6H8C / 6SN7 – Upscale Audio
so I thought the price of 20 euro/piece was fair enough, I don't have the slightest idea about their real value nowadays.
Anyway if I am asking too much for these the interested members can pm me their offers.

Last edited:
Sure, I am not getting at you.
You are where you are, Russia is where it is, as is Ukraine.
Bargains are not confined to Russia tho.

Upscale in the US, is not in the business of making free gifts to anyone so a price of $30.00 to me is beyond ridiculous, inc all these "gold grade" classifications and other bunkum.

In the USA, most people think TV valves are junk, so lots of top quality stuff is still on the 1 USD dollar lists.

As a regular visitor across the border, I cannot fail to be astonished by prices for such stuff tho.
In Ukraine, if anything prices tend to be even lower, depending on the level of "desperation".

Having said that, there is a very highly developed Russian internet, where you can compare prices for any given component across a cross section of at least 30-40 suppliers all over the country, and how many they have in stock.
It's the best database of component prices I have ever seen.

Eg. A simple 150V СГ5Б voltage regulator not actually available in the west,but would be 5-8 EURO,-
50 rouble in Russia...cheaper and better than any zener.
To make a voltage reference giving dead stable 450, 300 and 150V for preamp / AF supply is 2 EURO, as you can see.

Attachments

• HT_regulator.jpg
    HT_regulator.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 196
Sure, I am not getting at you.
You are where you are, Russia is where it is, as is Ukraine.
Bargains are not confined to Russia tho.

Upscale in the US, is not in the business of making free gifts to anyone so a price of $30.00 to me is beyond ridiculous, inc all these "gold grade" classifications and other bunkum.

In the USA, most people think TV valves are junk, so lots of top quality stuff is still on the 1 USD dollar lists.

As a regular visitor across the border, I cannot fail to be astonished by prices for such stuff tho.
In Ukraine, if anything prices tend to be even lower, depending on the level of "desperation".

Having said that, there is a very highly developed Russian internet, where you can compare prices for any given component across a cross section of at least 30-40 suppliers all over the country, and how many they have in stock.
It's the best database of component prices I have ever seen.

Eg. A simple 150V СГ5Б voltage regulator not actually available in the west,but would be 5-8 EURO,-
50 rouble in Russia...cheaper and better than any zener.
To make a voltage reference giving dead stable 450, 300 and 150V for preamp / AF supply is 2 EURO, as you can see.

Is the website database you mention in Cyrillic?
care to mention name?
thank you,
Johnny

Is the website database you mention in Cyrillic?
care to mention name?
thank you,
Johnny

Sure try here
If you check for instance 6П30Б
A high performance biro cap sized output pentode.
You can see prices from 60-180ryb for the same item.

6Н8С
You can see from 50 ryb (about 80 cents) without boxes, to 500. (8USD).
Some people have upwards of 300-400 of the things!

Makes the 30 USD price from yankee traders look pretty damn stupid to me, claiming they find them in Brazil....duh!

Of course someone has to put such stuff in the post, but hey, do a group buy thingy,make it worth my while, and I don't mind doing that!
300 valves is not even a suitcase full!

Oh and do me a favour, don't tell everyone and their dog!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.