• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AKSA 100N+ power amp - with decent pics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I managed to screw up the photographs when I posted this previously, so here it is again:

With some reluctance, the time has come for me to sell my AKSA 100N+. This is Hugh Dean's classic 100 Wpc power amplifier with the Nirvana Plus upgrades.

I built it as a dual mono amp using Plitron transformers. The chassis is a custom design with a front panel machined from 3/8" aluminum and the sheet metal made from 16 AWG 6061-T6 anodized aluminum. The front panel bears an on/off switch and a pair of low-level LEDs, while the rear panel has Neutrik RCA input connectors and multi-way speaker binding posts - all gold plated.

The amplifier's sound quality is superb and the chassis is virtually unmarked. The whole thing is as good as new. I have owned amplifiers by Quad and Linn in the past - in my opinion, this one is better.

The amp is on the west coast of Canada and the price is US$750 or C$1,000. I'm happy to share the shipping cost within most of Canada. We can discuss it case by case for the USA. It will weigh about 24 lbs.

Attachments

• Front panel.jpg
    Front panel.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 442
  • Rear panel.jpg
    Rear panel.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 454
  • Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 474
  • Manual.jpg
    Manual.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 471
Thanks for your comments. I'm a retired ME, so I have a good eye for detail even if I don't know much about electronics.

The transformers are 2 x 33V @ 300VA (4.55A) with center-tapped dual secondaries (2 x 115V primaries). Part number 077019201.

Plitron builds to order and, yes, they were expensive! My asking price is only around 60% of the actual total parts cost, and that's not even in today's dollars!

Attachments

• Inside.jpg
    Inside.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 283
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.