• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Babelfish ᄅſ....or FW J2 on Steroids .... or Not your Father's J2!.... Kits!

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Got sort of crazy idea, a Sissy Babelfish Jᄅ SIT bstrd.

I pulled the trigger on 4 matched THF51-S, shouldn't be too difficult to re-jig the bias on the top IRFP150 (M102), and play with R132-R136.
Is it worth thinking about? :spin:

when you'll realize that ZM is Mighty ....... simply Omnipotent and Omnipresent :rofl:

see here , post #25291 : The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

tweaked Babelfish ᄅſ FE , to have full swing , followed with either Babelfish M25 or SissySIT OS

to be pursued when I get back from Sissyland , little more than a week after BAF

:clown:

when you'll realize that ZM is Mighty ....... simply Omnipotent and Omnipresent :rofl:

:worship: ;)

...tweaked Babelfish ᄅſ FE , to have full swing , followed with either Babelfish M25 or SissySIT OS...

I remember looking at it when you posted, I could see the Babelfish ᄅſ FE but didn't know what it was.

Your comments on each lead to the brain fart, THF51-S - a little too much sugar, SemiSouth - pinpoint machine, mix the two...

...to be pursued when I get back from Sissyland , little more than a week after BAF

I look forward to it, enjoy BAF :D

see here , post #25291 : The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

tweaked Babelfish ᄅſ FE , to have full swing , followed with either Babelfish M25 or SissySIT OS

to be pursued when I get back from Sissyland , little more than a week after BAF

:clown:

IF 'Omnipresent' is true, then there is no 'get back'...while you are in Sissyland you are also 'back'! And since you are here too, I object to the smell of that strong coffee you make. I prefer Columbian....but of course you are also there!

:devilr::devilr:

Just thinking out loud, would the LM7905 0V need referencing to the output?

Oops, just realised, wrong thread.

Attachments

• Bablefish J2 THF51-S up - Semisouth down.jpg
    Bablefish J2 THF51-S up - Semisouth down.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
yup, trying to cover even more things than usual , BAF being pretty close now

boyz at pcb FAB are in a middle of moving to another facility/location , which is good - they will finally have operational new fab spot for immaculate stop lack/lacquer/whatever , but is also no good - entire production somewhat postponed

they're having best of intentions , so they're lying me for a day of two or four , it results in fact that I'm lying you , so circle is closed :rofl:

I really hope to get them (pcbs) sent tomorrow , which means getting them day after , which means then i have a full week to do something about soldering and packing and sending , also needing to prepare at least 5 sets to get to BAF raffle

I'll certainly yell here , same moment I get them form Box Office

Thanks for the ongoing update on these ZM, keep busy and enjoy your trip to SF and this years BAF. I would like to be a fly on the wall when you and Nelson get your heads together - especially if these is a glass or two of red wine involved.:)

I will keep my eye on the thread for further updates from you.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
ZM, Frenzy , pre-Freesco

huh ..... not yet , flying on 8-th

boyz , I completely underestimated amount of work , needed to be done prior to my leaving to USA for 10 (11) days , so I'm short in everything - shipments , work on BAF presentation, few bits 'n' bobs still need to arrive for kits , my regular service work , workshop PC died (ok , I've put new MoBo in after few days) so couldn't catch what I promised for Schade mode optimization ....... but most frustrating is that I'm short with all correspondence - both with e-mails and with PMs

simply - when I finally have time , I'm so sleepy that it's impossible to have any track what I wrote last night ... so better not writing anything , hoping that tomorrow would be kinder

in short - I'm alive , and everything will be solved after BAF ; as planned , I'll be home late night on 19.11. and outa Jet Lag day or two later

yes, got plethora of pcbs , but - imagine - boyz at Fab are also so busy that they sent pcbs and I still didn't got e-mail with sum I owe them ........ :rofl:

and yes , I did packed today small quantity of B. J2 pcbs (with all small bugz soldered on) for BAF raffle