• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

free samples

I did a small investigation to see which parts are used in this opamp:
XL => 2SK2145 (dual J-FET input)
LG => 2SC2712
NY => 2SA1213 (output driver)
MY => 2SC2873 (output driver)
SG => 2SA1162

Regards,
Tibi

Thank you for doing that. I received a pair of v6 a while ago and chickened out to take it apart but now I have to do "Tibi`s diode elimination mode" on them.

I got an email. One of the conditions for obtaining samples was to show them in a working device and a short review. Because my project is in the initial phase, I agreed to receive samples at a later stage of building

There are no terms or conditions in the first post.

A wrong action can easily destroy the reputation of a company.

This is the wrong way to do business.

There are no terms or conditions in the first post.

A wrong action can easily destroy the reputation of a company.

This is the wrong way to do business.

That´s an ignorant comment. BTW, you don´t do business by giving stuff away.
I too got a reply, but my situation workwise suddenly gave me no space for DIY, so I politely declined the offer with an option to contact them again in 2020, when the current workload has dissapeared. I got a very speedy reply, in where they told me, that I would be most welcome to contact them again. This a most generous offer from Burson. You should treat it as such......... With respect and gratitude :)

Last edited:
That´s an ignorant comment. BTW, you don´t do business by giving stuff away.
I too got a reply, but my situation workwise suddenly gave me no space for DIY, so I politely declined the offer with an option to contact them again in 2020, when the current workload has dissapeared. I got a very speedy reply, in where they told me, that I would be most welcome to contact them again. This a most generous offer from Burson. You should treat it as such......... With respect and gratitude :)

Well, .... ignorant comment ....... Very interesting opinion indeed !!! :)

Dear Boydk, do you think when TI give free samples, they are just ‘giving stuff away’ ?

( FYI TI=Texas Instruments ) ......

Last edited:
No....
but I think that TI is kind of a gigantic enterprise compared to Burson.
I´m also aware (surprise??), that TI of course would like manufacturers to use their products, thus samples.
Burson is on quite a different level. Offering limited samples to the DIY community deserves gratitude in stead of whining like a spoiled 5. grader.

Few years back burson offerred free samples to car audio people in a similar deal of reviews in exchange. Responce was immediate and hot heated kinda like this one. I received my pair of v6 then and wrote a review, others kinda skipped on their side of the deal. I can only imagine frustration Burson felt back then. People love free stuff, free to the point of not keeping their part of the deal. After testing v6 in 4 different amps I decided to skip on implementing them in my line of products, not because i didn`t like them but because I don`t see a value in upgrading much cheaper opamps with $160 discreet burtons. IMHO their market is upgrades,not manufacturing.

No....
but I think that TI is kind of a gigantic enterprise compared to Burson.
I´m also aware (surprise??), that TI of course would like manufacturers to use their products, thus samples.
Burson is on quite a different level. Offering limited samples to the DIY community deserves gratitude in stead of whining like a spoiled 5. grader.

Let out the fanboys to clean up the mess. :)

For what it´s worth guys...
I just got a private message from Carlos at Burson.

Hello Boydk,

My name is Carlos and I represent Burson Audio. I apologize for my late reply, my inbox was full due to a lot of request for samples.

To have a free trial of our op-amp, all I ask in return is your honest feedback and a few photos with the rest of the audio community.

Please reply this message to *** e-mail address*** if you wish to take part. And please let me know the following information:

- Review times (how long for the impressions/tests to be posted).

The shipping is free.

Thanks.
Best regards,
Carlos

The first contact to Burson I took myself because of the waiting time. Since I´m being contacted again, I just assume, that they´re moving down the list in PM´s in their own tempo. Looks like everybody will be given a chance, when you´ve just got patience :)
Just FYI I still declined due to no time for DIY, so the next on the list should "get there" faster :)

Last edited:
They came .......:):):):):). Soon i will write my impressions .

Attachments

• thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 239