• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

free samples

Well.... News....
The common perception were, that we were able to collect some samples from Burson to try out and play with. This is obviously not the case here.
Here´s what I got from Burson Audio, when asking about this thread:

"Hi xxxxx,

Thank you for your feedback and question. No, that thread is from one of our marketing team members, I think the title has not been done properly and I have asked them to correct that. But we offer the member of the DIY audio community a chance to trail/sample of our range of opamp and share their honest feedback to the rest of the community.

I have referred your email to one of our marketing team members if you have any question regarding our trail program feel free to contact them.

Warm regards
Dennis "

I guess their marketing people picked out a couple of experienced users by doing some reading/research on DIYAudio, and sent them a couple of samples.
Taken the price point on Burson´s op-amps, I had the feeling, that this offer was too good to be true anyway :)

Last edited:
Received mine today. Thank you !
I have purchased two more for a small compensation to Burson for such great offer.

I have used Burson opamps (the tht version) in the past with excellent results in a NAIM cd5i. Now this new version looks like smd one. So, a dissection will come to see if they use same schematic and which parts.

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• IMG_7505.jpg
    IMG_7505.jpg
    1,013.3 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_7506.jpg
    IMG_7506.jpg
    999.8 KB · Views: 480
A quick look inside reveal to me a familiar schematic in smd format.
If they sound as good as the old ones, I'll be very satisfied.
That 2 diode protection on Vdd&Vss is not necessarily. In fact will degrade the sound a bit. So, this will be the first mod. ;-)

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• IMG_7507.jpg
    IMG_7507.jpg
    821.9 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_7510.jpg
    IMG_7510.jpg
    989.5 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_7509.jpg
    IMG_7509.jpg
    970.8 KB · Views: 468