Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

free samples
free samples
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd November 2019, 02:20 PM   #91
Boydk is offline Boydk  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodosis O. View Post
There are no terms or conditions in the first post.

A wrong action can easily destroy the reputation of a company.

This is the wrong way to do business.
Thatīs an ignorant comment. BTW, you donīt do business by giving stuff away.
I too got a reply, but my situation workwise suddenly gave me no space for DIY, so I politely declined the offer with an option to contact them again in 2020, when the current workload has dissapeared. I got a very speedy reply, in where they told me, that I would be most welcome to contact them again. This a most generous offer from Burson. You should treat it as such......... With respect and gratitude

Last edited by Boydk; 23rd November 2019 at 02:28 PM.
Old 23rd November 2019, 03:21 PM   #92
Theodosis O. is offline Theodosis O.  Greece
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydk View Post
Thatīs an ignorant comment. BTW, you donīt do business by giving stuff away.
I too got a reply, but my situation workwise suddenly gave me no space for DIY, so I politely declined the offer with an option to contact them again in 2020, when the current workload has dissapeared. I got a very speedy reply, in where they told me, that I would be most welcome to contact them again. This a most generous offer from Burson. You should treat it as such......... With respect and gratitude
Well, .... ignorant comment ....... Very interesting opinion indeed !!!

Dear Boydk, do you think when TI give free samples, they are just ‘giving stuff away’ ?

( FYI TI=Texas Instruments ) ......

Last edited by Theodosis O.; 23rd November 2019 at 03:48 PM.
Old 23rd November 2019, 05:39 PM   #93
diyAudio Member

No....
but I think that TI is kind of a gigantic enterprise compared to Burson.
Iīm also aware (surprise??), that TI of course would like manufacturers to use their products, thus samples.
Burson is on quite a different level. Offering limited samples to the DIY community deserves gratitude in stead of whining like a spoiled 5. grader.
Old 23rd November 2019, 05:46 PM   #94
Victorinox is offline Victorinox  United States
diyAudio Member

Few years back burson offerred free samples to car audio people in a similar deal of reviews in exchange. Responce was immediate and hot heated kinda like this one. I received my pair of v6 then and wrote a review, others kinda skipped on their side of the deal. I can only imagine frustration Burson felt back then. People love free stuff, free to the point of not keeping their part of the deal. After testing v6 in 4 different amps I decided to skip on implementing them in my line of products, not because i didn`t like them but because I don`t see a value in upgrading much cheaper opamps with $160 discreet burtons. IMHO their market is upgrades,not manufacturing.
Old 23rd November 2019, 06:21 PM   #95
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydk View Post
No....
but I think that TI is kind of a gigantic enterprise compared to Burson.
Iīm also aware (surprise??), that TI of course would like manufacturers to use their products, thus samples.
Burson is on quite a different level. Offering limited samples to the DIY community deserves gratitude in stead of whining like a spoiled 5. grader.
Let out the fanboys to clean up the mess.
Old 23rd November 2019, 06:28 PM   #96
diyAudio Member

Says a lot about you, doesnīt it???
I didnīt get any, have never heard them.... Fanboy???
Old 24th November 2019, 08:10 AM   #97
diyAudio Member

You have the right to deny the obvious.
Old 26th November 2019, 07:59 AM   #98
diyAudio Member

For what itīs worth guys...
I just got a private message from Carlos at Burson.

Hello Boydk,

My name is Carlos and I represent Burson Audio. I apologize for my late reply, my inbox was full due to a lot of request for samples.

To have a free trial of our op-amp, all I ask in return is your honest feedback and a few photos with the rest of the audio community.

Please reply this message to *** e-mail address*** if you wish to take part. And please let me know the following information:

- Review times (how long for the impressions/tests to be posted).

The shipping is free.

Thanks.
Best regards,
Carlos

The first contact to Burson I took myself because of the waiting time. Since Iīm being contacted again, I just assume, that theyīre moving down the list in PMīs in their own tempo. Looks like everybody will be given a chance, when youīve just got patience
Just FYI I still declined due to no time for DIY, so the next on the list should "get there" faster

Last edited by Boydk; 26th November 2019 at 08:01 AM.

free samplesHide this!Advertise here!