Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

ADCOM GFA-555 MK2 - Hoppe's Brain Refurbished
ADCOM GFA-555 MK2 - Hoppe's Brain Refurbished
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd September 2019, 09:03 PM   #1
Phloodpants is offline Phloodpants
diyAudio Member

Default ADCOM GFA-555 MK2 - Hoppe's Brain Refurbished

This amp belonged to my dad, who bought it new in 1990. He takes great care of his equipment, and so this amp is in outstanding condition! The faceplate is absolutely perfect, and the rest of it has just a few very faint scuffs where a patch cord might have brushed past it... you have to look real close to see any flaws at all. It looks pretty much brand new.

Inside, it's got the full Hoppesbrain.com treatment! A completely new input circuit board, and soft-start power supply. Heavy duty binding posts, three-wire power cord, etc.

It's the nicest GFA-555 I've ever done, but I don't get to keep it. Yours for $1400. DM me and I can send you an invoice that can be paid online.

Photos show the whole restoration process.

Thanks for looking!
Chris

Click the image to open in full size.

ADCOM GFA-555 MK2 - Hoppe's Brain RefurbishedHide this!Advertise here!