• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: BigBottle Fully loaded MM/MC Switchable phonostage Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

As some of you may be aware, Alan, Andy and I, have been working on a new phonostage pcb for the DIY community.

The prototype board you can see here was built with the purpose of testing and fault finding.

This process is now complete and I have no use for this rather lovely pcb.

Its electrically sound and the signal measurements are very acceptable. Although fine tuning is possible if you have the requisite skills.

All resistors are 1% Vishay and every capacitor except the electrolytic are Close tolerance Polypropylene, may as well call them matched!

Silver solder used everywhere. Its not been budget built!

Its using the same level of components I use in my personal unit, except for the Wima caps. They were hand selected and measured to ensure their performance was satisfactory. They are well matched, as are the others! The Wima are 10.17nf on the left channel and 10.18nf on the right. Like I said, I've been thorough lol.

I had intended to fit this Into the DCB1, hence the HQ build spec, but I just can't bring myself to mess with the DCB1 yet. I want to wait for a production version of the board.

Also, having no intention of ever using a SUT or MM cartridge, it seems entirely pointless to swap this board for the original BigBottle MC PCB, in my stand alone phonostage.

As this is essentially the exact same circuit as used on the MC version, minus a 1800 Mica Cap which has been swapped for a 10nf Wima, I can presume to say the performance should be equally as excellent, as anyone who has heard the MC phonostage will confirm.

The PCB itself is of production quality but a few little cosmetic aspects will change of the production run. Nothing performance related. Addition of the logo etc.

Anyhow,

I'll sell this for the cost of the parts which is £185

If you want some Mundorfs for the board in the 2.2uf position, add £10 and I'll chuck them in the box for you. Nice upgrade for very little money.

Ill include UK mainland delivery too, coz in nice like that.

Collection : £175

All you need to finish this off is some rca sockets (6), a transformer and something to keep it all in and protected from little fingers.

Any help required on the build process will be available to the new owner.

DISCLAIMER:

As this is a PCB, the sale must be classified as 'parts or not working' which means the onus is on you to be sensible and stay safe. I accept no responsibility for any injury you may cause to yourself.

79c5a0d42d0f2ac924f46dc253014697.jpg
a6e6b1cbd5aa00fbe9fbc90b02ff8194.jpg
2c70780a21aaa1453c36fe36b2c87e6c.jpg
28ff90216c432dec420ff368ca284dc1.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.