• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Interest check : Dynakit Stereo 70

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I noticed quite a lot of melted wax on the choke. Any idea what caused it to run so hot?
they all do that. Seems to run fine without the wax. Ran mine 4 hours a day for about 9 years without the wax. 12 hours on weekends. 3 sets filter caps, 2 rectifier tubes, 2 sets output tubes in that time. Changed selenium bias rectifier once, then the 2nd time it went bad put in 1n4003's. Needed a resistor change with less resistance in 1n4003. 6CA7 became unavailable about 1979, started seeing them (EL34) in guitar shops about 2005 at 10x the price.
These go about $600 US on ebay "amp for repair or parts", ie not even working. *****y bogen PA tube amps are going for $100. I paid $100 for mine with a PAS2 preamp in 1970.
They allegedly have less distortion with a triple input tube board ala Marantz 7. I bought the board from classicvalve.ca but never installed it. Tubes are so expensive, and transistors are so cheap. ST120 or PV-4c uses less electricity, too.

Last edited:
So basically, you're telling me that my price is kinda low since it is a fully working amplifier and in pretty good condition? I might just remove this add here on sell it on eBay, but then again, it gives me time to think I should hold on to it...

Do

What price? I don't see one in any of the many posts.

It's an ST-70 - the 350 Chevy of the audio world. I was fortunate enough to have cut my DIY teeth on a handful of these and other Dynaco amps before they became a "thing". Fun to work on, and pretty bulletproof, but nothing to write home about.

Good luck with the sale.

I did find your asking price of $700. Given that you haven't sold it yet, maybe your asking price is kinda low after all.

Again, good luck with the sale.

I feel sarcasm in here...

At 700$ you also get the auto bias board for the EL34 that is brand new and costed me a little over 130$CAD with shipping, so pricing is more than fair...

Do

Every single st-70 seen on Craigslist or epay for the last few years is in the 650-750 range (regardless of upgrade or condition as long as it works) if you want to sit on it at 700 and wait for a Unicorn more power to you (I probably would too) but if you want to sell it before Christmas 2021 you might have to drop the price.....

Every single st-70 seen on Craigslist or epay for the last few years is in the 650-750 range (regardless of upgrade or condition as long as it works) if you want to sit on it at 700 and wait for a Unicorn more power to you (I probably would too) but if you want to sell it before Christmas 2021 you might have to drop the price.....

That's why I said in the posts to make me an offer. I can't possibly know how much every places on the web sells for. I'm open to fair offers

Do

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.