• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Scan Speak 12M/4631G00 Midrange

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello.
I had in the shelf these midranges to build again the incredible Troels Gravessen Ekta Grande Kit, but I'm going to change my mind since I do hav floorstanders and I will swith to 3 way bookshelf Troel's SBA 741.

The midranges are in very good gondition althoug there are some scratches in the chassis that cant be seen at listening distance.

Apart from Ekta grande you can build, for example, mini monitors BONBON from Knalg & Ton (I can send you crossover):
Walter Frohlich - SPEAKER Vertrieb - Distribution von Softwaretools zur Lautsprecherentwicklung - Bausatz ScanSpeak BONBON
Bonbon
Bonbon Klang und Ton, Scan Speak 12M/4631G00, D200

NOTE: ONE OF THE DRIVERS HAS BEEN REPAIRED.
Its almost impossible to see even in the pictures but I put detailed pictures. The chassis has some deep scratch outside 2 holes for the screws, but it has been repaired with epoxy and it looks good.
I attach one quick measuremente in which you can see there is almost no difference between the repaired unir (pink) and the factory one (green)

There was no damage to the rubber or any important part of the speaker, and you will see the drivers are pretty similar avobe 300Hz (the measures are valid only avobe 350Hz).

I can assure they sound the same and perfect.

Because of this problem, I will sell very cheap, 240€ for the pair + Shipping + PP fees
Will be shipped in their original boxes.

The price for ONE unit is about 260e ($289) as can be seen here:
Scan-Speak 12M/4631G00 4.5 inch midrange low loss suspension sliced paper cone | Loudspeaker freaks
ScanSpeak Revelator 12M/4631G 4.5" Midrange

Some pictures:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.