• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For Sale DAC boards, Linn parts, amp modules

Things you have for sale.
Not easy to part with but if someone needs it it better get a good sue than just sit and wait for me to retire.

1.Mark Levinson 36s DAC boards, 3pcs. 300euro

2.Mark Levinson CD39 DAC board 200euro

3. Linn Axis outer and inner platter, bearing and motor, perfect for DIY turntable 225euro

4.Tag McLaren 10x5r modules, NOS from a repair shop 125euro each, 7pcs. 750euro for all.

5.Arcam P7 modules, 2pcs. plus one with a switch missing for spares. 150euro for all three

6.Mutec 3+USB with some marks on the case but has a professionally fitted input for a PSU on the side. Fully functioning, easy to listen improvement on all digital sources. 650euro.

7.Wadia 921 DAC board, single but has 4 pcs. of selected PCM1704 Ks on it and someone can make a good DAC of it. 200euro

8.Mark Levinson 38s preamp board that was checked working and has 380s firmware installed. Comes with the difficult to find OLEDs for the display and a front plate of the original remote. 650euro.

For paypal please add 4%, shipping in EU will not be much.

Would be happy to answer questions.

Attachments

• Arcam P7.jpg
    Arcam P7.jpg
    1,014.2 KB · Views: 889
  • LinnAxis.jpg
    LinnAxis.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 862
  • Mark Levinson 36s DAC boards.jpg
    Mark Levinson 36s DAC boards.jpg
    1,004.1 KB · Views: 858
  • Mar Levinson 39 DAC board.jpg
    Mar Levinson 39 DAC board.jpg
    880.6 KB · Views: 864
  • TAG MCLRN.jpg
    TAG MCLRN.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 862
  • Wadia 921.jpg
    Wadia 921.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 568
I don't know much other than they came from the stock of a repair shop and were never used. I have seven, pretty heavy.

Each power amplifier module contains its own mains transformer, bridge rectifier and energy storage capacitors, on forums(fora) people say that changing the caps makes them an entirely new beast with top level sound, basically each channel is a monoblock. It uses top quality parts, I saw 2SK389s inside and good transistors with custom heatsink, transfomers are custom Noratel as well, it was part of the effort to establish Tag McLaren as a very high quality audio brand. I think it can be bridged as well for higher power. Probably needs a soft start and the caps of the binding posts are missing.

Here are the specs I found:

Specifications rated output power 100 W into rated load impedance (8 Ohms) typical output power 120 W per channel into 8 Ohms, 160 W into 4 Ohms and 190 W into 2 Ohms for short periods input for full rated power 1.0 V rms input impedance 47 kOhm nominal gain 29.0 dB at 1 kHz signal to noise greater than 90 dB (relative to 0 dbW) frequency response ± 0.05 dB from (-3 dB) 20Hz to 20kHz; -3dB @ 0.2 Hz and 87 kHz total harmonic distortion + noise less than 0.002% @ 1 kHz 100 W into 8 Ohms, less than 0.05% from 20 Hz to 20 kHz @ 100 W into 8 Ohms polarity non-inverting between any input and output operating temperature range 10 - 35°C ac supply frequency 50 - 60 Hz ac supply voltage 100 V, 110 - 120 V or 220 - 240 V

Indeed the Tag modules are very good, I had a friend who had a look at them and it is not so bad, especially if you do not need the speaker protection. They are a good deal for someone who needs great amps for a 3 way active or a home cinema set and knows how to use them, a lot of very smart engineering went into them.

For a two channel amp the Arcam P7 modules are fantastic if you already have a transformer.

Lots of PMs but no one followed with interest...

Mark Levinson DAC boards are going to a good home, Mark Levinson preamp board will be off sale and going for a personal use :)

Left for sale are:

Tag McLaren 10x5r modules, NOS from a repair shop 125euro each, 7pcs. 750euro for all.

Arcam P7 modules, 2pcs. plus one with a switch missing for spares. 150euro for all three

Mutec was stolen from a DPD office by an employee :( If someone sees a black one with a connector on the right side for an external PSU please let me know :(