• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS - Speaker Cabinets: Altec, Klipschorn, Karlson 15

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Altecs Valencia 848 a -no grilles , re- finish required '$100
Altec Seville - wooden grilles salvageable ( I think ) re- finish required $50
Klipschorn bass bin from 50's , no outer shell just the " core" built from fir plywood . $200
Karlson 15 .I'm pretty sure these are the utility factory boxes ok for man's cave . $100
All the cabs in Detroit Mi area.

Found I picture of Karlson cab from the time I was experimenting with them

Attachments

• karlson_001.jpg
    karlson_001.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 408
These are Valencia 846a cabs from the time I was trying to see what the fuss all about. Well, there is nothing there. People who go gaga over this junk have cabbage instead of brain.
2 upper corners are wrecked and either will need to be restored or I would just rout out some of that sticking upper trim. Base boards are also wrecked from moving the cabs around .Apart from this cosmetic issues and some veneer problems the cabs are sound and acoustically solid.

Attachments

• 20181116_175114.jpg
    20181116_175114.jpg
    976.6 KB · Views: 353
Found I picture of Karlson cab from the time I was experimenting with them

Now , Karlsons I did really like. I used Altec 803a (45Hz fs) 15" vintage woofers with 120W mosfet amp and the combination was rocking. It communicated with primitive parts of my listening habits quite well. Non of that audiophile BS.
My ex kept the big speakers and I lost the room hence the sale of the cabs. I will keep them if I have to sacrifice. The Altecs will go up with the smoke though unless some cabbage head will decide to rescue them of course.

Hiya Dennis
Those big cabs are Kevin Brooks custom built "monitors" Built by master carpenter in Salt Lake City (I heard it costed $5k to built plus gold to buy real Tannoy fabric for grilles ) Dual layer of baltic birch Ply on side and back and triple on the front plus matrix structure inside the chambers. All TAD drivers. I didn't like them and my ex wanted the cabs in her new big house so she kept them.
I have C.A.R T3 cabs in my shed now. They belonged to a 9/11 victim. J.C Morrison robbed them out of all the components but as you know John Wolfe lives in Brighton and he sold me the crossover bits and I had some TAD junk in my closet to fill the holes.
The weather is nice in Notown as well . All the best

I'm not running the C. A. R s at the moment . They will get use closer to when I will be ready to make a pile of the junk I collected and set it on fire.
I have Tad Tl 1602, Truextent beryllium JbL 2441 (I sold Tad 4001, couldn't make myself to like it) and ET-703 tweet.
At present I'm futzing with array and subs

Attachments

• 20190508_072914 (2).jpg
    20190508_072914 (2).jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 99
My main listening room is a bedroom now .Rehdeko speakers kind of damaged me and I lost desire for the moment to **** with horns .Also I need a dedicated power line to main system and will have to clear the space .
I finished after years of procrastination my small 300b monos , Harry lent me his private NOS pair of WE300b and with TVC and RaKK dac MK3 the system plays lovely. Too bad Rhede speakers are too small for living room. I love those boxes even though they are probably objectively the worst speakers ever conceived. ( I like fat girls too if that explains anything ) ...

Attachments

• 20190711_142824.jpg
    20190711_142824.jpg
    515.3 KB · Views: 90
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.