• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: 2x Soekris DAM1021, Switch Board, LT3042 PSU, RPI, Chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Update: this is sold, no longer available!

For sale is a nearly-complete balanced dual mono Soekris DAM1021 DAC. The following is included:
  • Two (2) Soekris DAM1021 rev3 2% precision boards. These were purchased new in February and May, 2016. The only mod I've done is to add VREF capacitors.
  • A DIYINHK LT3042 regulator. Provides DC power to the Soekris boards.
  • A Raspberry Pi 3.
  • Normundss input and switch board to mate the Raspberry Pi to the Soekris boards. You could also use the functionality of this board to allow other inputs, e.g. SPDIF.
  • Normundss unregulated 7v supply for powering the input and switch board (which in turn powers the Raspberry Pi).
  • 30VA R-Core transformer
  • Galaxy 2U 230x230 chassis from the DIY Audio Store. Note: back panel has been lost!
  • XLR sockets hanging off Canare Star Quad cable.

This was initially intended to be a high-quality music server (see here for details on the software config). I haven't used it in well over a year. I never got it completely finished, and my interests shifted. Everything works.

Asking: $500, buyer pays shipping. (Free demo/pickup if you're in the Chicago area!)

Edit: I will consider breaking this into component parts and selling individual pieces. PM if interested.

Attachments

• 01_chassis_front.jpg
    01_chassis_front.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 840
  • 03_chassis_rear.jpg
    03_chassis_rear.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 834
  • 04_boards_top_1.jpg
    04_boards_top_1.jpg
    489.5 KB · Views: 837
  • 06_boards_top_3.jpg
    06_boards_top_3.jpg
    471.9 KB · Views: 828
  • 07_boards_top_4.jpg
    07_boards_top_4.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 800
  • 08_boards_rear.jpg
    08_boards_rear.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 309
  • 09_boards_detail_1.jpg
    09_boards_detail_1.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 266
  • 10_boards_detail_2.jpg
    10_boards_detail_2.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 241
  • 11_chassis_open_front.jpg
    11_chassis_open_front.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 224
  • 12_chassis_drill_holes.jpg
    12_chassis_drill_holes.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.