• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

(2) for PARTS ESS Heil Air Motion Transformer tweeters AMT-1A AMT1A 1A AMT HEIL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
$150 shipped or best offer or much less if you pay Paypal personal payment (no fees)
please make offer in thread, if you can

Attachments

• IMG_20190423_142749.jpg
    IMG_20190423_142749.jpg
    1,013.2 KB · Views: 393
I had a jackass ship me heils some 12 years ago or so, off ebay, back when it wasn't such a joke. This clown shipped them in USPS small flat rate boxes. Yeah- they looked like the pictures when they arrived. This person then took a very long time refunding me, and left ME negative feedback.

Using these you'd want to fabricate some very durable brackets for alignment, as the gap being focused the way it is, they need a solid frame to hold the same-polarity pole pieces together.

There's no saving those phragms but you can get new kapton/al phragms from the OEM. They're still handmade but it's pretty precise process using jigs, I was able to see some made at the factory.

I had a jackass ship me heils some 12 years ago or so, off ebay, back when it wasn't such a joke.

It's extremely rare I get anything packed as well as I pack it.
I've definitely gotten used to getting cheap, broken, bad products.
But there are some really cheap items (good deals sometimes) on ebay.
Sometimes, I think to myself: how did they even ship these to me at this price?
For example: brake rotors.
I once got front brake pads for $1.86 shipped on ebay. They were terrible :D
But I get good pads for like $16-18 shipped.

In my mind when I first get something it's a lot worse than it really is after a few days. But I'm super picky, that's why I try to build my own stuff, right? :D

This clown shipped them in USPS small flat rate boxes.

I don't think they fit in small flat rate box, maybe medium?

Wow. Took me a while to figure out what these were. These are Great Heils with their brackets broken. How did that happen?

Shipping mishap.
They go back together.
Need ribbons, which are expensive.

Just offer any amount if you want them, I have no idea what to ask for them.

If you can get the ribbons cheap it might be worth it.
Maybe some one makes similar ribbons in large quantities :confused:

Last edited:
These are not easy to ship. I had another pair sent to me, guy made a shipping crate, did a great job... but left a plastic baggie with the screws in the crate. Needless to say, the magnetic gaps figured out how to snag them and ruin the diaphragms. Do NOT leave screws or any loose metal anywhere near great heils.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.