• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bel Canto Evo 2i Gen II Integrated Amp with ICEPower Modules

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
For Sale: Very clean Bel Canto Evo 2i Gen II Integrated Amplifier. I purchased this unit with a blown Tripath amp (quite common with the excellent sounding, but touchy TA3020 amps) . I pulled the Tripath amp section (one PCB) and used the unit as a remote controlled preamp for a long while. I then put in a Set of Hypex 400AD amp modules with power supplies and used it for about a year. Being happier with ICEPower than Hypex, I removed the Hypex units and dropped in a set of ICEpower 250A modules (existing amp transformer secondaries landed right in the 250A range). This worked perfectly for another year....now currently working with another setup entirely, so this unit stands idle...

I had a Harmony 650 programmed to do all the volume, switching, etc that the original remote would do - the original remote is included, but screen is a bit washed out, so I never used it...comes with remote charger / power supply also. Original boxes (double boxed) and I even have the original blown Tripath TA3020 amp PCB somewhere, you could repair and reinstall for all stock unit. These sell for some big bux on ebay....

Would like $675 + ship.

Attachments

• IMG_1356a.jpg
    IMG_1356a.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 926
  • IMG_1357a.jpg
    IMG_1357a.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 931
  • IMG_1364a.jpg
    IMG_1364a.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 919
  • IMG_1365a.jpg
    IMG_1365a.jpg
    588.7 KB · Views: 891
  • IMG_1366a.jpg
    IMG_1366a.jpg
    782.4 KB · Views: 860
  • IMG_1369a.jpg
    IMG_1369a.jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 235
Joined 2005
Paid Member
All ready to ROCK!

With the ICEpower amp modules, its sounds better (and more stable) than the original setup with the Tripath amp. I still have the original Tripath amplifier PCB/Amp section to send with this unit....

Again, sounds excellent - just prefer my Tubeamp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.