• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pass Balanced Zen line stage and power supply PCB's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2013
Paid Member
I have 8 sets of PCB's made by PCBway using files from Nelson Pass.

$10 each or $15 for a pair.
Shipping in USA is only $7.20 via USPS Priority mail
Shipping overseas isn't worth it considering shipping could be 2 - 4 times PCB's price.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 1,183
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    925.4 KB · Views: 1,179
Joined 2013
Paid Member
Using Nelson's BOM from the article, the part numbers have changed due to RHOS, yet they were easy to find using DigiKey online catalog. My power supply is finished and the Line Stage board is complete. I'm now working on the enclosure for the line stage.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
@rajesh - the pdf is on the PassDIY website and the components are nothing uncommon. Capacitors, resistors, a few zener diodes and IRF610 and 9610 mosfets.

PassDiy

It's an unfortunate trend in DIY that people forget the circuits of the past and only build the most recent designs while the commercial preamps from 20 years ago still regularly sell for hundreds or thousands of dollars on the used market.

If you get the chance to build this one you will not think it sounds bad. It is class A and designed by Nelson Pass after all. The best part is there are no expensive or difficult to source parts in this one.

@rajesh - the pdf is on the PassDIY website and the components are nothing uncommon. Capacitors, resistors, a few zener diodes and IRF610 and 9610 mosfets.

PassDiy
Thanks for the heads up.
If you get the chance to build this one you will not think it sounds bad. It is class A and designed by Nelson Pass after all. The best part is there are no expensive or difficult to source parts in this one.
I heard lot of good words about it. My curiosity made me ask the noob question. Too bad, looks like they're all gone.

Joined 2013
Paid Member
I still have two Line Stage boards available. I was going to keep one for a spare, the preamp works so well I've decided not to keep it. Price is $10 for each board and $7.95 for shipping via USPS Priority mail.
PM me for PayPal payment info.

Attachments

• IMG_0230.JPG
    IMG_0230.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0231.JPG
    IMG_0231.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 197
Joined 2013
Paid Member
I'm using a linear 10K four ganged 24 step pot using Vishay Dale resistors and a Log 5K four ganged pot using Vishay Dale resistors.
I bought a blank 4 ganged pot which I plan on making a linear 5K pot, once again using Vishay Dale resistors. Not looking forward to that project, 96 resistors to solder to a plastic ganged stepped pot. This is why engineers create machines, so that people don't have to do work like this.

Attachments

• IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0123.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 157
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.