• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Sui Katase FN1242A DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Very nice DIR9001/FN1242A ("Fluency") DAC from Japan. This particular DAC chip really is something else as it is quite unique from a technical point of view and it was made by Niigata Seimitsu who normally produce medical electronics.... Luxman used it in various flagship devices. I built it up with Black Gate caps both STD and NX-HiQ. I tested it and encased it but never used it. Since I needed the casing I dismantled it. I can include 230V transformers as shown on picture.

* Apparently the DAC PCB can be modified to DSD but I have spent enough time with Google translate :) The chip is relatively unknown outside of Japan and it was not intended to be sold to private persons but somehow a batch ended up in Akihabara (秋葉原) in Tokyo. This is why almost all FN1242A designs come from the land of the rising sun.

http://myanystyle.net/data/Manual_DIR9001-DAI_v3.pdf

FN1242A

http://www.easyaudiokit.com/bekkan/FN1242A/FN1242Ajspec.pdf

Make me a good offer.

Attachments

• IMG_4883.JPG
    IMG_4883.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_4884.JPG
    IMG_4884.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 545
Last edited:
Hi Jean Paul
What a great pity, just wanted to contact you and buy the DAC, but forgot to scroll down first.
BTW: Did you get my pm concerning the LM4780TA. Although the ebay name of the seller indicates that he is from china, it is a decent German seller. I get my chips tomorrow.
Kind Regards
Phil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.