• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Linkwitz LX521.4 System

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FS: Linkwitz LX521.4 System PRICE REDUCED

Location: Charlestown Lake Macquarie (just south of Newcastle) AUSTRALIA
Condition: As new, recently completed
Reason For Selling: Need the money, and will be moving soon to a house half the size of the one I’m in! If you’d seen my garage you’d know that’s going to be a problem
What are they Like:

Incredibly detailed sound, huge soundstage, I have never heard better. You wont buy a commercial set as good as these as cheap as this. There is only one way to be sure, come and listen.

Price: $7,800 USD ONO, Cash on Pickup, Bank Transfer or Bank Cheque.
Warranty: I don’t do this for money but I do have a lot of pride at stake so I am willing (as I have been with other sales) to give a 2-year limited warranty. I will pay the first $200 for any defective components (as long as there not cooked by lighting etc) and labour is free. But you will need to get the item back to me for repair and pick it up when it’s ready. I built my sister a system (she only paid for the components at cost no labour of course) one power supply and one-amp module was fried by lighting, as noted that sort of problem isn’t covered After the 2 years I will help with the repair if required.
Amplifiers
· 2 x 5 Channel 300w Icepower amps, using 10 x AS Series Modules
· Key Specifications
o 300W at 1% THD+N, 4Ohm
o 260W at 0.1% THD+N, 4Ohm
o Full power bandwidth (20Hz – 20kHz)
o 113dBA dynamic range (300W, 4Ohm)
o THD+N = 0.005% (1W, 4Ohm)
o Audio input impedance 47kOhm
o High output current limit = 20Ap
o Low output impedance = 6mOhm
o Damping factor = 660, 4Ohm
o Thermal Protection
o Over current and short circuit protection
o DC output protection
o DC servo for low DC offset
· Used silver coated copper wiring for Input signal wiring and places I probably shouldn’t have bothered
· High-quality gold-plated RCA Inputs
· High-quality silver-plated speaker terminals
· 12v Triggers, this has been setup for my DAC to control sequenced ON-OFF, but can be changed if necessary to suit your system (probably ).
· Custom crafted cases with Mackay Cedar (Red Sirus) trims, you won’t buy this in the shop.
· High-quality IEC Power Inputs are filtered and fused on both Active & Neutral
· Amp modules are also fused & EMI filtered
· Green LED for ON-OFF
· Red LED for Fault signal
· The cases are constructed of high-quality plywood, veneered with fiberglass internally & carbon fibre externally, sprayed with texture coat and cover coated with automotive lacquer.

ASP.4
· 1 x 10 Channel Active Crossover
· Mako ASP.4 Boards
· Using all recommended components
· Used silver coated copper wiring for Input-Output signal wiring
· High-quality gold-plated RCA Inputs
· 12v trigger input, this has been setup for my DAC to control sequenced ON-OFF, but can be changed if necessary to suit your system (probably ).
· Custom crafted cases with Mackay Cedar (Red Sirus) trims.
· High-quality IEC Power Input is filtered and fused on both Active & Neutral
· High-quality linear PSU using Twisted Pear Board
· The case is constructed of high-quality plywood, veneered with fiberglass internally & carbon fibre externally, sprayed with texture coat and cover coated with automotive lacquer.
· http://www.linkwitzlab.com/LX521/Supplies.htm

Speaker Cables
· 2 Sets Custom Crafted 3m Cables
· 2 x 4 Pin 3m cables
· 2 x 6 Pin 3m cables
· Van damme Black Series Tour Grade UPOFC Classic Pro Speaker Multicore 2.5mm ANTI KINK CORETECH cable
· High-quality gold-plated connectors, everything is soldered together
· Custom crafted Mackay Cedar Plugs & Sockets, the connectors are imbedded in resin.
· To be honest I’m amazed how well these worked out, MANY hours of work in these.

Speakers 2 x LX521.4
· 4x Seas 27TFFNC/G (H1396) 1" Textile Dome Tweeter
· 2x Seas MU10RB-SL (H1658-04) 4" Curv Cone Upper Midrange
· 2x Seas U22REX/P-SL (H1659-08) 8" Curv Cone Lower Midrange
· 4x Seas L26RO4Y (D1004-04) 10" Aluminum Cone Woofer
· I purchased the design documents directly from Siegfried Linkwitz and faithfully followed the design intent.
· The Top Baffles and the Woofer Bridges are made from waterproof plywood veneered with custom cut Mackay Cedar. The veneers are approximately 1.2mm thick
· The Top Baffles and the Woofer Bridges have been sprayed with shellac and overcoated with very tough water-based finish. The shellac under helps with the appearance and brings the best out in the wood.
· The Woofer Boxes are made from Water Resistant MDF an sprayed with Duratex texture finish, this is also a very tough water-based finish.

Last edited:
Images

That was a struggle :)

Attachments

• Whole System R.JPG
    Whole System R.JPG
    918.2 KB · Views: 760
  • 17 Speaker Woofer Rear R.JPG
    17 Speaker Woofer Rear R.JPG
    740.2 KB · Views: 758
  • 15 Back Silk 2 R.jpg
    15 Back Silk 2 R.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 767
  • 14 Front Side Silk R.jpg
    14 Front Side Silk R.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 750
  • 12 6 Pin Cable 2 R.JPG
    12 6 Pin Cable 2 R.JPG
    715.7 KB · Views: 735
  • 9 4 Pin Cable 1 R.JPG
    9 4 Pin Cable 1 R.JPG
    612.7 KB · Views: 244
  • 7 ASP Fornt Side R.JPG
    7 ASP Fornt Side R.JPG
    832.2 KB · Views: 252
  • 3 Amp Rear 2 R.JPG
    3 Amp Rear 2 R.JPG
    847.2 KB · Views: 283
  • 2 Amp Front Cropped R.JPG
    2 Amp Front Cropped R.JPG
    899.2 KB · Views: 271
  • 1 Amp Front Cropped R.JPG
    1 Amp Front Cropped R.JPG
    808.6 KB · Views: 191
The whole system is a big step up in sound reproduction from my other sytem but im not sure how much the amps add to that. I would like to hav heard the speakers with different Mps just to see how they compared but i dont have 10 channels of high quLity amps lYing around �� I have used the Icepower amps on several builds and they have alwYs sounded good to me

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.