• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Simple Audio Roomplayer+ for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Excellent device for streaming high res audio. This is the fast "+" version that can handle 24 bit 192 kHz material. It has a 2 x 50W B&O Icepower power amp.

The Simple Audio company was a spinoff from Linn. When it started the reviews were quite OK but the software was not there yet. Like the Apple Mac Mini the case is made out of one piece of aluminium and the upper cover is black glass which gives a nice quality feeling. In 2014 the "+" version with 1 GHz ARM CPU was introduced and the device could now play 24/192 from USB and/or a NAS directly. As the Simple Audio company thought wireless networking to be evil the Roomplayer only has ethernet and it can communicate AV200 style over the mains wiring... However they were bought by a US company that killed it for unknown reason. Software and apps were not available anymore. With devices like this one needs the app to control it. It unfortunately became a sophisticated door stopper. To make it worse the dutch importer also went bankrupt.

But... new software was developed called Reloaded which costs 79 Euro a license. I obtained this license and this Roomplayer+ has it installed. It can now function as as LMS, Roon end point and it plays Airplay. The free and very handy Linn Kazoo app works without a hitch on the device. With the Reloaded software the devices sync excellently and multiroom operation is a breeze.

I have a few of them and updated the firmware and installed the Reloaded software. Also heatsinks were glued to the various chips just as a precaution. It sounds very good but I see I am an old fashioned guy as I really want devices to have manual operation and a display besides an app. I detest having to control audio with a cell phone as I already have it in my hands too much.

The devices I offer are practically new but have been updated and tested. They cost 225 Euro a piece ex shipping. I prefer to ship to Germany and/or the Netherlands. I suggest to search the web for reviews and technical specifications.

Please no RPI stories as these cannot be compared to these audio devices that are well engineered. Plug the mains plug in and install and forget.

Attachments

• IMG_4575.JPG
    IMG_4575.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_4576.JPG
    IMG_4576.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.